The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,578,973 members ⚫ 1,187,673 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Penguin Books Ltd 2012; US$ 8.45
With an essay by Harold Bloom. 'What is the society of London, that I should be tempted, for its sake, to mortify my senses, and compound with such uncleanness as my soul abhors?' Smollett's savage, boisterously funny lambasting of eighteenth-century British society charts the unfortunate journey of the gout-ridden and irascible squire Matthew... more...
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony 2011; US$ 15.00
Have you, as a parent, ever found yourself treating your children in a way you would never tolerate from someone else? The authors of Emotionally Intelligent Parenting call for a new Golden Rule: Do unto your children as you would have other people do unto your children. And most important, they show us how to live by it. Based upon extensive research,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2003; US$ 54.95
Tobias Döring uses Postcolonialism as a backdrop to examine and question the traditional genres of travel writing, nature poetry, adventure tales, autobiography and the epic, assessing their relevance to, and modification by, the Caribbean experience. Caribbean-English Passages opens an innovative and cross-cultural perspective, in which familiar... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2004; US$ 14.95
The protagonist of Tobias Wolff?s shrewdly?and at times devastatingly?observed first novel is a boy at an elite prep school in 1960. He is an outsider who has learned to mimic the negligent manner of his more privileged classmates. Like many of them, he wants more than anything on earth to become a writer. But to do that he must first learn to tell... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2001; US$ 16.00
Waiting , Ha Jin portrays the life of Lin Kong, a dedicated doctor torn by his love for two women: one who belongs to the New China of the Cultural Revolution, the other to the ancient traditions of his family's village. Ha Jin profoundly understands the conflict between the individual and society, between the timeless universality of the human heart... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2001; US$ 15.95
From the remarkable Ha Jin, winner of the National Book Award for his celebrated novel Waiting , a collection of comical and deeply moving tales of contemporary China that are as warm and human as they are surprising, disturbing, and delightful. In the title story, the head of security at a factory is shocked, first when the hansomest worker on the... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2006; US$ 99.00
1. 1 The Area of Research In this thesis, we will investigate the 'market-conform' pricing of newly issued contingent claims. A contingent claim is a derivative whose value at any settlement date is determined by the value of one or more other underlying assets, e. g. , forwards, futures, plain-vanilla or exotic options with European or American-style... more...
- Cambridge University Press 2006; US$ 36.00 US$ 29.52
This book explores the continuing legacy of the Peace Process in the everyday life of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2007; US$ 16.95
A New York Times Notable Book One of the Best Books of the Year: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Entertainment Weekly, Slate In A Free Life , Ha Jin follows the Wu family ? father Nan, mother Pingping, and son Taotao ? as they sever their ties with China in the aftermath of the 1989 massacre at Tiananmen Square and begin a new life... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2006; US$ 115.00
This study takes a look at a controversial question: what do the acts and shows of grief performed in early modern drama tell us about the religious culture of the world in which they were historically staged? Drawing on performance studies, it provides detailed readings of play texts to explore the politics, pathologies and parodies of mourning. more...