The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2007; US$ 45.95
This Reader brings together selected papers from leading scholars to address the most significant recent development in educational policy and politics: the impact of globalisation. The papers discuss, document and analyse evidence of globalisation?s effects on the new direction of education policies and practices, and in the production of globalised... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2009; US$ 45.95
Rizvi and Lingard's account of the global politics of education is thoughtful, complex and compelling. It is the first really comprehensive discussion and analysis of global trends in education policy, their effects - structural and individual - and resistance to them. In the enormous body of writing on globalisation this book stands out and will... more...
- Allen & Unwin 2005; US$ 36.31
Drawing on one of the largest studies of primary and secondary classrooms ever undertaken in Australia, the authors explain how teachers and schools can refocus on the classroom strategies that make a real difference to learning outcomes. more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2007; US$ 168.00
* How can we understand and theorise school leadership?. * How can school leadership work towards enhancing student learning?. * What are the constraints and possibilities for school leadership at the beginning of a new century?. This new title is relevant to anyone concerned with improving schooling and enhancing the professional practices of educators.... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2008; US$ 95.00
Exploring current approaches to addressing boys' education in schools, this book highlights the limitations of structural reform initiatives and the failure to address the impact of socioeconomic status, race, sexuality, disability and hegemonic masculinity on both boys' and girls' participation in schooling. more...
- Continuum International Publishing 2008; US$ 150.00
Many educators have been looking for a fundamentally different approach to engage young people and encourage progress in learning. Supported by recent public policy developments, a transformation is beginning to take place in the practice of many schools. The focus of learning is shifting away from the child as an individual in a classroom detached... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 61.95
Governments around the world are trying to come to terms with new technologies, new social movements and a changing global economy. As a result, educational policy finds itself at the centre of a major political struggle between those who see it only for its instrumental outcomes and those who see its potential for human emancipation. This book is... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2012; US$ 39.95
Is there an ?ideal? primary school curriculum? Who should decide what the curriculum is? Should teachers have autonomy over how they teach? The curriculum is the heart of what teachers teach and learners learn: effective teaching is only possible with an effective curriculum. Yet in spite of its importance, there has been a crisis in curriculum... more...