The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Melville House 2015; US$ 17.00
? NPR ?This is the Strugatskys at their best, at once silly and dead serious... It?s a ripping good yarn, which translator Josh Billings has rendered with great energy and wit." ? Los Angeles Review of Books ?Does for science-fiction/detective hybridization what Hard to Be a God has done for sci-fi/fantasy." ? Flavorwire Praise for ... more...
- Tom Doherty Associates 2009; US$ 17.99
When humanity expanded beyond the safety of Earth to new stars and horizons, they never dreamed what dangers they would encounter there. When the alien juggernaut known as the Covenant declared holy war upon the fragile human empire, millions of lives were lost--but, millions of heroes rose to the challenge. In such a far-reaching conflict, not... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2005; US$ 14.00
In his debut novel, literary alchemist Jeff VanderMeer takes us on an unforgettable journey, a triumph of the imagination that reveals the magical and mysterious city of Veniss through three intertwined voices. First, Nicholas, a would-be Living Artist, seeks to escape his demons in the shadowy underground?but in doing so makes a deal with the devil... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2007; US$ 17.00
In City of Saints and Madmen , Jeff VanderMeer has reinvented the literature of the fantastic. You hold in your hands an invitation to a place unlike any you?ve ever visited?an invitation delivered by one of our most audacious and astonishing literary magicians. City of elegance and squalor. Of religious fervor and wanton lusts. And everywhere,... more...
- Tom Doherty Associates 2010; US$ 0.99
Perhaps ?Errata? is a metafictional narrative about a short story assigned to Jeff VanderMeer (or a fictional version of Jeff VanderMeer) by a now-defunct literary journal (or a fictional version of a now-defunct literary journal) explicitly for the purposes of determining THE FATE OF THE WORLD. Or perhaps it?s just a story about a Siberian penguin.... more...
- Atlantic Books Ltd 2011; US$ 10.19
AMBERGRIS: 239 Manzikert Avenue, Apartment 525 . Two dead bodies lie on a dusty floor. One corpse is cut in half, the other is utterly unmarked. Only one is human. Ambergris is occupied, ruined and rotting. Its buildings are crumbling, or mutating into moist and hostile new life forms. The population is brought to its knees by narcotics,... more...
- HarperCollins Canada 2014; US$ 11.99
Area X has been cut off from the rest of the continent for decades. Nature has reclaimed the last vestiges of human civilization, and the government is involved in sending secret missions to explore Area X. The first expedition returned with reports of a pristine, Edenic landscape; all the members of the second expedition committed suicide; the third... more...
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux 2014; US$ 13.99
1. What were your initial theories about the psychologist's motives and the whereabouts of the anthropologist? How did the ways they approached the expedition compare to the approaches of the surveyor and the biologist? 2. Did you envision the core of Area X as a tower or a tunnel? In your mind, is it a living creature or a product of engineering?... more...