The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Elsevier Science 2010; US$ 79.95
Disaster management is a vibrant and growing field, driven by government spending in the wake of terrorist attacks and environmental debacles, as well as private-sector hiring of risk managers and emergency planners. An ever-increasing number of practicing professionals needs a reference that can provide a solid foundation in ALL major phases of supervision... more...
- Elsevier Science 2006; US$ 86.95
Written from a global perspective on risk, hazards, and disasters, Introduction to International Disaster Management provides practitioners, educators and students with a comprehensive overview of the players, processes and special issues involved in the management of large-scale natural and technological disasters. The book discusses special... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2010; US$ 91.95
Each year, disasters such as house fires, car accidents, tsunamis, earthquakes, and hurricanes impact hundreds of thousands of children. Child victims can suffer disproportionately and the physical and psychological damage sustained can far outweigh the same effects in adults, often requiring years of therapy. Sadly, emergency planners to date have... more...
- Elsevier Science 2011; US$ 75.95
Bullock and Haddow have set the standard for homeland security textbooks, and they follow up their top-selling second edition with this substantially improved third edition. Faculty, students, and professional practitioners value the decades of experience that the authors bring to their analysis, and their passionate argument for an all-hazards approach... more...
- Elsevier Science 2007; US$ 63.95
Introduction to Emergency Management, Third Edition provides a comprehensive update of this foundational text on the background components and systems involved in the management of disasters and other emergencies. The book details current practices, strategies, and the key players involved in emergency management, especially in the U.S. but also... more...
- Elsevier Science 2011; US$ 74.95
* New chapter that focuses specifically on the border and transportation security missions * An increased focus on cyber security and infrastructure security, both of which are rapidly growing in importance in the homeland security field among officials at all levels * A companion website that includes a full online Instructor?s Guide, Student Test... more...
- Elsevier Science 2010; US$ 68.94
Learn the principles of effective emergency management as they have developed over the past six decades, including the rapid evolution of the field in this century. Haddow, Bullock, and Coppola bring the ideal combination of practical and academic experience to their analysis of the phases of disaster planning, mitigation, response, recovery and communications.... more...