The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Penguin Publishing Group 2004; US$ 20.00
"Certainly the finest historical narrative so far on the origins of al Qaeda in the post-Soviet rubble of Afghanistan . . . Ghost Wars provides fresh details and helps explain the motivations behind many crucial decisions." - The New York Times Book Review more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2008; US$ 18.00
- The Washington Post "Riveting . . . the most psychologically detailed portrait of the brutal 9/11 mastermind yet." -Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times "Stunningly researched and grippingly told . . . [ The Bin Ladens ] ought to be read by anyone who really wants to understand the origins of the current crisis." -Tim Rutten, Los Angeles... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2009; US$ 16.00
Available for the first time in paperback, Steve Coll's trek across a socially and politically damaged South Asia Bestselling author Steve Coll is one of the preeminent journalists of the twenty-first century. His last two books, the Pulitzer Prize-winning Ghost Wars and New York Times bestseller The Bin Ladens , have been praised for their... more...
- Penguin Books Ltd 2005; US$ 20.78
The news-breaking book that has sent schockwaves through the White House, Ghost Wars is the most accurate and revealing account yet of the CIA's secret involvement in al-Qaeada's evolution. Prize-winning journalist Steve Coll has spent years reporting from the Middle East, accessed previously classified government files and interviewed senior... more...
- Penguin Books Ltd 2009; US$ 23.98
The Bin Ladens are shrouded in secrecy, living in one of the most closed, unaccountable countries on earth. Little has been known about the world that created Osama - until now. In this gripping account prizewinning journalist Steve Coll has interviewed those closest to the family who rose from Yemeni peasants to jetsetting millionaires in two... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2012; US$ 18.00
?ExxonMobil has met its match in Coll, an elegant writer and dogged reporter? extraordinary? monumental. ? --THE WASHINGTON POST ? Fascinating? Private Empire is a book meticulously prepared as if for trial , a lawyerly accumulation of information that lets the facts speak for themselves? a compelling and elucidatory work.? --BLOOMBERG ? Private... more...
- Penguin Books Ltd 2012; US$ 20.78
Steve Coll's Private Empire is winner of the FT/GOLDMAN SACHS BUSINESS BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARD 2012. In this prize-winning book, the author of Ghost Wars and The Bin Ladens investigates the notoriously mysterious ExxonMobil Corporation and the secrets of the oil industry In many of the nations where it operates, ExxonMobil has a ... more...