The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,508,729 members ⚫ 2,065,349 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Free Press 2000; US$ 19.99
Engaging, enlightening, provocative, and sensational are the words people use to describe compelling experiences and these words also describe this extraordinary book by Bernd Schmitt. Moving beyond traditional "features-and-benefits" marketing, Schmitt presents a revolutionary approach to marketing for the branding and information age. Schmitt... more...
- Mohr Siebeck 2013; US$ 108.79
Das Staatshaftungsrecht, das besser Öffentliches Haftungsrecht hieße, ist ein verrufenes Rechtsgebiet, chaotisch und zersplittert, ein "Flickenteppich" und ein "Durcheinander" zugleich. Diese Abhandlung sinnt auf Abhilfe. Sie schlägt eine neue Dogmatik vor, die das Öffentliche Haftungsrecht zu systematisieren sucht und der ein ökonomisch... more...
- Rutgers University Press 2015; US$ 34.95
To judge from many speculative fiction films and books, the future will be full of cities that resemble Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, and it will be populated mainly by cold, unfeeling citizens who act like robots. Techno-Orientalism investigates the phenomenon of imagining Asia and Asians in hypo- or hyper-technological terms in literary, cinematic,... more...
- CRC Press 2014; US$ 341.00
1. Assisted Protein Folding 2. Autoregulation of the Heat Shock Response in Procaryotes 3. Protein Kinase Cascades Involved in Heat Shock Protein Expression and Function 4. Genetic Evidence for the Roles of Molecular Chaperones in Escherichia coli Metabolism 5. Functions in Development 6. Early Events in the Synthesis and Maturation of Polypeptides... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2001; US$ 16.00
Waiting , Ha Jin portrays the life of Lin Kong, a dedicated doctor torn by his love for two women: one who belongs to the New China of the Cultural Revolution, the other to the ancient traditions of his family's village. Ha Jin profoundly understands the conflict between the individual and society, between the timeless universality of the human heart... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2001; US$ 15.95
From the remarkable Ha Jin, winner of the National Book Award for his celebrated novel Waiting , a collection of comical and deeply moving tales of contemporary China that are as warm and human as they are surprising, disturbing, and delightful. In the title story, the head of security at a factory is shocked, first when the hansomest worker on the... more...
- University of California Press 2001; US$ 15.95
For many Germans the hyperinflation of 1922 to 1923 was one of the most decisive experiences of the twentieth century. In his original and authoritative study, Bernd Widdig investigates the effects of that inflation on German culture during the Weimar Republic. more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2004; US$ 165.00
This book is representative of the work of Chinese probabilists on probability theory and its applications in physics. It presents a unique treatment of general Markov jump processes: uniqueness, various types of ergodicity, Markovian couplings, reversibility, spectral gap, etc. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2005; US$ 139.00
The sixth edition of this worldwide used textbook was thoroughly - vised and extended. Throughout the whole text you will ?nd numerous improvements, extensions, and updates. Above all, I would like to draw your attention to two major changes. Firstly, the whole textbook is now clearly partitioned into basic and advanced material in order to cope with... more...