The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,603,993 members ⚫ 1,165,375 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Penguin Books Ltd 2014; US$ 10.14
What is economics? What can - and can't - it explain about the world? Why does it matter? Ha-Joon Chang teaches economics at Cambridge University, and writes a column for the Guardian . The Observer called his book 23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism , which was a no.1 bestseller, 'a witty and timely debunking of some... more...
- CRC Press 2014; US$ 341.00
1. Assisted Protein Folding 2. Autoregulation of the Heat Shock Response in Procaryotes 3. Protein Kinase Cascades Involved in Heat Shock Protein Expression and Function 4. Genetic Evidence for the Roles of Molecular Chaperones in Escherichia coli Metabolism 5. Functions in Development 6. Early Events in the Synthesis and Maturation of Polypeptides... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2001; US$ 16.00
Waiting , Ha Jin portrays the life of Lin Kong, a dedicated doctor torn by his love for two women: one who belongs to the New China of the Cultural Revolution, the other to the ancient traditions of his family's village. Ha Jin profoundly understands the conflict between the individual and society, between the timeless universality of the human heart... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2001; US$ 15.95
From the remarkable Ha Jin, winner of the National Book Award for his celebrated novel Waiting , a collection of comical and deeply moving tales of contemporary China that are as warm and human as they are surprising, disturbing, and delightful. In the title story, the head of security at a factory is shocked, first when the hansomest worker on the... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2004; US$ 165.00
This book is representative of the work of Chinese probabilists on probability theory and its applications in physics. It presents a unique treatment of general Markov jump processes: uniqueness, various types of ergodicity, Markovian couplings, reversibility, spectral gap, etc. more...
- University of California Press 2001; US$ 15.95 US$ 12.76
For many Germans the hyperinflation of 1922 to 1923 was one of the most decisive experiences of the twentieth century. In his original and authoritative study, Bernd Widdig investigates the effects of that inflation on German culture during the Weimar Republic. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2005; US$ 139.00
The sixth edition of this worldwide used textbook was thoroughly - vised and extended. Throughout the whole text you will ?nd numerous improvements, extensions, and updates. Above all, I would like to draw your attention to two major changes. Firstly, the whole textbook is now clearly partitioned into basic and advanced material in order to cope with... more...
- CRC Press 2004; US$ 209.95
Image processing is fast becoming a valuable tool for analyzing multidimensional data in all areas of natural science. Since the publication of the best-selling first edition of this handbook, the field of image processing has matured in many of its aspects from ad hoc, empirical approaches to a sound science based on established mathematical and physical... more...
- Wiley 2006; US$ 159.95 US$ 138.62
As the wireless world opens up, this book explores the evolving role of multimedia and UMTS technology in the mobile communications sector. The author draws on his extensive experience in the field to provide an approach that will appeal to academia and industry alike, covering hot topics such as regulation and licensing, services and applications,... more...