The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,661,113 members ⚫ 1,174,592 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Elsevier Science 2015; US$ 120.00
Essentials of Medical Biochemistry, Second Edition: With Clinical Cases is the most condensed, yet detailed biochemistry overview available on the topic. It presents contemporary coverage of the fundamentals of biochemistry, emphasizing relevant physiologic and pathophysiologic biochemical concepts. Pivotal clinical case studies aid in understanding... more...
- CRC Press 2014; US$ 341.00
1. Assisted Protein Folding 2. Autoregulation of the Heat Shock Response in Procaryotes 3. Protein Kinase Cascades Involved in Heat Shock Protein Expression and Function 4. Genetic Evidence for the Roles of Molecular Chaperones in Escherichia coli Metabolism 5. Functions in Development 6. Early Events in the Synthesis and Maturation of Polypeptides... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2001; US$ 16.00
Waiting , Ha Jin portrays the life of Lin Kong, a dedicated doctor torn by his love for two women: one who belongs to the New China of the Cultural Revolution, the other to the ancient traditions of his family's village. Ha Jin profoundly understands the conflict between the individual and society, between the timeless universality of the human heart... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2001; US$ 15.95
From the remarkable Ha Jin, winner of the National Book Award for his celebrated novel Waiting , a collection of comical and deeply moving tales of contemporary China that are as warm and human as they are surprising, disturbing, and delightful. In the title story, the head of security at a factory is shocked, first when the hansomest worker on the... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2004; US$ 165.00 US$ 135.30
This book is representative of the work of Chinese probabilists on probability theory and its applications in physics. It presents a unique treatment of general Markov jump processes: uniqueness, various types of ergodicity, Markovian couplings, reversibility, spectral gap, etc. more...
- CRC Press 2004; US$ 209.95
Image processing is fast becoming a valuable tool for analyzing multidimensional data in all areas of natural science. Since the publication of the best-selling first edition of this handbook, the field of image processing has matured in many of its aspects from ad hoc, empirical approaches to a sound science based on established mathematical and physical... more...
- Wiley 2006; US$ 159.95 US$ 138.62
As the wireless world opens up, this book explores the evolving role of multimedia and UMTS technology in the mobile communications sector. The author draws on his extensive experience in the field to provide an approach that will appeal to academia and industry alike, covering hot topics such as regulation and licensing, services and applications,... more...
- Oxford University Press 1993; US$ 179.99 US$ 154.79
Offering a new perspective on auxiliaries in particular and language structure in general, this study argues that language cannot be explained satisfactorily with reference to linguistic variables alone; what is required in addition are extra-linguistic parameters relating to how we perceive the world around us, and how we utilize the linguistic resources... more...
- Oxford University Press 1997; US$ 72.99 US$ 62.77
The main function of language is to convey meaning. Therefore, argues Bernd Heine in these pages, the question of why language is structured the way it is must first of all be answered with reference to this function. Linguistic explanations offered in terms of other exponents of language structure (for example, syntax) are likely to highlight peripheral... more...