The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Random House 2013; US$ 12.78
A Chinese writer whose marriage has fallen apart travels to Tibet. As he wanders through the countryside, he witnesses the sky burial of a Tibetan woman who died during childbirth, shares a tent with a nomad who is walking to a sacred mountain to seek forgiveness for sleeping with his daughter, meets a silversmith who has hung the wind-dried corpse... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2002; US$ 49.95
Psychology has had a number of things to say about black and coloured people, none of them favourable, and most of which have reinforced stereotyped and derogatory images. Beyond the Masks is a readable account of black psychology, exploring key theoretical issues in race and gender. In it, Amina Mama examines the history of racist psychology, and... more...
- Hatherleigh Press 2014; US$ 9.99
Following the life and doings of Mama Zipporah, a modern day saint, Mother to the Motherless is the memoir of an incredible woman's inspiring true story of rising from the depths of abuse and poverty to found one of the most successful children's shelters in Kenya. The beginnings of Mama Zipporah's life were filled with violence and hardship,... more...
- Berghahn Books 2014; US$ 150.00
Our continued use of the combustion engine car in the 21st century, despite many rational arguments against it, makes it more and more difficult to imagine that transport has a sustainable future. Offering a sweeping transatlantic perspective, this book explains the current obsession with automobiles by delving deep into the motives of early car... more...
- Rowman & Littlefield International 2015; US$ 38.99
Explores the affective toll of Taiwan’s geographical and political proximity to China through a critical analysis of contemporary Taiwanese film and culture. It examines the complex, precarious relationship between the sovereign state of Taiwan and China in order to consider what this might mean global anxiety around the growing power of China.... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2002; US$ 54.95
* Examines how language works, accounting for its nature, its use, its study and its history * Two comprehensive indexes of Topics and Technical Terms, and Names * Carefully illustrated to explain key points in the text `This rich repository of information on all aspects of language is a must for all libraries in higher education, schools and larger... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1985; US$ 49.95
This book collects all the named laws of Indo-European, presents each in its original form and rationale and then provides an evaluation of all major attacks, revisions and exploitations, along with a full bibliography and index. Complete ? thorough ? exhaustive. more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 1998; US$ 99.00
This book deals with the boundary value problems for non-regular partial differential equations in the half-plane. Efficient methods are developed for resolution of boundary value problems for improperly elliptic equations — based on the theory of analytic functions and functional analysis — having great theoretical and practical importance.... more...