The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Crown/Archetype 2003; US$ 15.00
1. "What are you growing here?" is the first line of Under the Tuscan Sun. In what ways does that question symbolize how the book came about? What does it say about Frances Mayes's life in Italy, and about her life in general? 2. Mayes writes of the traumatic experience of selling one house and purchasing another on various occasions in the United... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2002; US$ 13.99
A haunting southern tale of long-buried family secrets b y the New York Times bestselling author of Under the Tuscan Sun and Under Magnolia In her celebrated memoirs of life in Tuscany, Frances Mayes writes masterfully about people in a powerful and shaping place. In Swan , her first novel, she has created an equally intimate world, rich... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2003; US$ 15.00
1. Mayes writes, "It can be dangerous to travel. A strong reflecting light is cast back on 'real life,' sometimes a disquieting experience." What does she mean? How does travel change your perception of yourself? Has a hidden piece of your identity ever been revealed to you through travel? 2. While in Sicily, Mayes connects existential thoughts of... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2006; US$ 15.00
A CLASSIC FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF UNDER MAGNOLIA The author who unforgettably captured the experience of starting a new life in Tuscany in bestselling travel memoirs expands her horizons to immerse herself?and her readers?in the sights, aromas, and treasures of twelve new special places. A Year in the World is vintage... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2010; US$ 15.00
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER AND A TIMELESS CLASSIC FROM THE AUTHOR OF UNDER MAGNOLIA Frances Mayes?widely published poet, gourmet cook, and travel writer?opnes the door to a wondrous new world when she buys and restores an abandoned villa in the spectacular Tuscan countryside. In evocative language, she brings the reader along as she discovers... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2014; US$ 15.00
A BookPage Best Book of the Year Southern Independent Booksellers Association Spring 2014 Okra Pick ?The strength of Under Magnolia lies in the very claustrophobia Mayes aches to flee as a child?In certain heightened moments of this memoir, Mayes breathes the same air as [Carson] McCullers.? ? New York Times Book Review ?As gothic as... more...
- HarperCollins Publishers 2014; US$ 19.91
The long-awaited memoir of her Southern childhood from the bestselling author of Under the Tuscan Sun. the long-awaited memoir of her Southern childhood from the bestselling author of Under the tuscan Sun. Growing up, Frances Mayes longed to leave the small town of Fitzgerald, Georgia, but now she's been drawn back to explore her past ... Beautifully... more...
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony 2012; US$ 29.99
?Tuscan food tastes like itself. Ingredients are left to shine. . . . So, if on your visit, I hand you an apron, your work will be easy. We?ll start with primo ingredients, a little flurry of activity, perhaps a glass of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, and soon we?ll be carrying platters out the door. We?ll have as much fun setting the table as we... more...