The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- International Development Research Centre 2003; US$ 30.00
Improving Manufacturing Performance in South Africa summarises the findings of the Industrial Strategy Project, a major research project undertaken to investigate and analyse the reasons for South Africa's poor manufacturing performance over the past two decades. It provides a broad strategy to improve this performance. more...
- International Development Research Centre 2010; US$ 35.00
Even those who consider themselves experts on IP will benefit immensely from this book and the broader ACA2K projects work.Sisule Musungu, President of IQsensato, GenevaThe emergence of the Internet and the digital world has changed the way people access, produce and share information and knowledge. Yet people in Africa face challenges in accessing... more...
- International Development Research Centre 2005; US$ 70.00
Brings together leading experts from all over the world to further the debate on the various dimesions of accountability of IMF to its various sharholders and stakeholders. Having fully explored how the notion of accountability can be pragmatically applied it then tests various alternative appriaches and makes some recommendations. more...
- International Development Research Centre 2010; US$ 18.00
With increasing numbers of computers and penetration of the Internet around the world, localization of the technology and the content it carries into the many languages people speak is becoming an ever more important area for discussion and action. Localization, simply put, includes translation and cultural adaptation of user interfaces and software... more...
- International Development Research Centre 2009; US$ 30.00
For the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and its partners, the link between research and policy is of paramount importance in their goal to improve social, economic, and environmental conditions in developing countries. Collaboration between researchers and decision-makers, however, is complex, multifaceted, and often difficult to implement.... more...
- International Development Research Centre 2010; US$ 50.00
In this book, leading specialists in the fields of urban agriculture and urban environment present a unique collection of case studies that examines the growing role of local food production in urban livelihoods in sub-Saharan Africa. more...
- International Development Research Centre 2002; US$ 30.00
African Voices on Structural Adjustment presents 14 in-depth studies on the history and future of structural adjustment in Africa. Each study appraises the performance of structural adjustment policies (SAPs) with respect to a particular sector or issue. Each evaluates the compatibility of SAPs with the requirements for long-term development in Africa... more...
- International Development Research Centre 2009; US$ 35.00
1. Introduction Section 1: Representing the South 2..Representing the South Section 2:The South in a Global World 3. The South in a Changing World Order 4. The South in a Globalising Economy 5. Social and Cultural Change in the South Section 3: Living in the South 6.. Political Lives 7. Making a Living 8. Ways of Living Section 4: Making a Difference... more...
- International Development Research Centre 2000; US$ 25.00
As is happening in the industrialized North, the information revolution could well transform the developing nations of the South. In fact, it is already happening. Countries that only a decade ago seemed remote now have the potential to be active players in the processes of global development. As these information and communication technologies (ICTs)... more...