The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 18.99
In The World from 1450 to 1700, historian John Wills takes a fresh look at one of the most fascinating and tumultuous periods in world history. Assuming a global perspective, rather than the traditional Eurocentric view, Wills traces the interwoven changes that led from the world of Columbus, Luther, and the Mughal emperor Babur to the world of Locke,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2012; US$ 12.99
Beginning in December 2010 popular revolt swept through the Middle East, shocking the world and ushering in a period of unprecedented unrest. Protestors took to the streets to demand greater freedom, democracy, human rights, social justice, and regime change. What caused these uprisings? What is their significance? And what are their likely consequences?... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2013; US$ 20.99
Andrei Lankov has gone where few outsiders have ever been. A native of the former Soviet Union, he lived as an exchange student in North Korea in the 1980s. He has studied it for his entire career, using his fluency in Korean and personal contacts to build a rich, nuanced understanding. In The Real North Korea, Lankov substitutes cold, clear analysis... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 8.99
1. Introduction to Social Anxiety Disorder. 2. Moving From Dis-ease to Disease. 3. Not Just Another Shy Teenager. 4. The First Step Toward Recovery. 5. A Long Road Filled With Potholes. 6. Five Days That Changed My Life. 7. Making Changes and Sticking to Them. 8. My Life Today, Your Life Tomorrow more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2013; US$ 15.99
Recorded by his quartet in a single session in 1964, A Love Supreme is widely considered John Coltrane's magnum opus and one of the greatest jazz albums of all time. In Beyond A Love Supreme, Tony Whyton explores both the musical complexities of A Love Supreme and the album's seminal importance in jazz history. Marking Coltrane's transition... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 19.99
Prior to the 1960s, when African Americans had little access to formal political power, black popular culture emerged as a tool to forge community and effect political change. However, with the new avenues opened to African Americans in the post-Civil Rights era, many believe the influence of black popular culture on the political sphere began to diminish... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2003; US$ 19.99
One of the world's leading historians of Renaissance Italy brings to life here the vibrant--and violent--society of fifteenth-century Florence. His disturbing narrative opens up an entire culture, revealing the dark side of Renaissance man and politician Lorenzo de' Medici. On a Sunday in April 1478, assassins attacked Lorenzo and his brother... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2006; US$ 14.99
The recent National Geographic special on the Gospel of Judas was a major media event, introducing to tens of millions of viewers one of the most important biblical discoveries of modern times. Now, a leading historian of the early church, Bart Ehrman, offers the first comprehensive account of the newly discovered Gospel of Judas, revealing what this... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 36.99
1. What is IPT?. 2. Beginning IPT. 3. Grief. 4. Interpersonal Disputes. 5. Role Transitions. 6. Interpersonal Deficits. 7. Termination. 8. Techniques in IPT and the Therapists Role. 9. Common Therapeutic Issues and Patient Questions. Adaptations of IPT for Mood Disorders. 10. Overview of Adaptations to IPT. 11. Maintenance Treatment of Depression.... more...