The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Oxford University Press, USA 2012; US$ 9.99
In the traditional narrative of American colonial history, early European settlements, as well as native peoples and African slaves, were treated in passing as unfortunate aberrations in a fundamentally upbeat story of Englishmen becoming freer and more prosperous by colonizing an abundant continent of "free land." Over the last generation,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 26.99
Foreword - E. O. Wilson. Prologue - Kofi Annan. 1. What is Biodiversity?, Stuart Pimm, Maria Alice dos Santos Alves, Eric Chivian, and Aaron Bernstein. 2. How is Biodiversity Threatened by Human Activity?, Eric Chivian and Aaron Bernstein. 3. Ecosystem Services, Jerry Melillo and Osvaldo Sala. 4. Medicines from Nature, David J. Newman, John Kilama,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 54.99
PART I -- FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS. 1. CHAPTER 1: Pursuing Wellness through Mental Health System Reform. 2. CHAPTER 2: Health Promotion. 3. CHAPTER 3: Evidence-based Mental Health for Health Promotion Practice. PART II -- THEORY, PRINCIPLES AND POLICIES. 4. CHAPTER 4: Health Promotion and Theories for Mental Health Practice. 5. CHAPTER 5: Connecting Health... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 10.99
Introduction. 1. The Roots of Revolution. 2. Colonialism and Cold War. 3. An Anguished Peace. 4. Escalation. 5. War on Many Fronts. 6. The Tet Offensive. 7. The End of the American War. 8. Wars Unending. Further Reading more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 17.99
Imagining the Balkans examines how an innocent geographic appellation was transformed into a powerful and widespread pejorative designation. In a new afterword, Maria Todorova discusses the reaction to her dubbing of the term Balkanism and recent events in the Balkans. more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 26.78
1. On Being Ethical. 2. Making Ethical Decisions and Taking Action. 3. Enforcement of Ethical Conduct. 4. Knowing Thyself: Understanding Competence and Credentials. 5. Psychotherapy I: Ethical Obligations of Psychotherapists. 6. Psychotherapy II: Techniques and Controversies. 7. The Mental Health Business: Money and Managed Care. 8. Privacy, Confidentiality... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2003; US$ 12.99
Now featuring a new Afterword by the author, this handy paperback edition of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Battle Cry of Freedom is without question the definitive one-volume history of the Civil War. James McPherson's fast-paced narrative fully integrates the political, social, and military events that crowded the two decades from the outbreak of... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 1968; US$ 8.99
First published in 1949 and praised in The New York Times Book Review as "a trenchant book, full of vigor and bite," A Sand County Almanac combines some of the finest nature writing since Thoreau with an outspoken and highly ethical regard for America's relationship to the land. Written with an unparalleled understanding of the ways of... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 7.99
"They called it the Reagan revolution," Ronald Reagan noted in his Farewell Address. "Well, I'll accept that, but for me it always seemed more like the great rediscovery, a rediscovery of our values and our common sense." Nearly two decades after that 1989 speech, debate continues to rage over just how revolutionary those Reagan... more...