The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 14.99
Global poverty, Paul Collier points out, is actually falling quite rapidly for about eighty percent of the world. The real crisis lies in a group of about 50 failing states, the bottom billion, whose problems defy traditional approaches to alleviating poverty. In The Bottom Billion, Collier contends that these fifty failed states pose the central challenge... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2006; US$ 33.99
1. The Nature of Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia. 2. Learning to Record Panic and Anxiety. 3. Negative Cycles of Panic and Agoraphobia. 4. Panic Attacks are Not Harmful. 5. Establishing your Hierarchy of Agoraphobia Situations. 6. Breathing Skills. 7. Thinking Skills. 8. Facing Agoraphobic Situations. 9. Involving Others. 10. Facing Physical Symptoms.... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 14.99
Foreword by Robert Spitzer, M.D. Preface. 1. The Concept of Depression. 2. The Anatomy of Normal Sadness. 3. Sadness With and Without Case: Depression from Ancient Times through the Nineteenth Century. 4. Depression in the Twentieth Century. 5. 6. Importing Pathology into the Community. 7. The Surveillance of Sadness. 8. The DSM and Biological Research... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2004; US$ 39.99
1. A brief philosophy of well-being. 2. The search for an adequate psychology. 3. The measurement and movement of human thought. 4. The social psychology of transcendentalism. 5. Psychophysical theories of contemplation. 6. Psychophysiology of awareness. 7. The epigenetic revolution. 8. The irreductible triad of well-being. Appendix: The Quantitative... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 21.99
Preface _. Music. 1. Introduction (Harmonie et Melodie, i-xxxi, March 1885). 2. Art for art's sake ('L'art pour l'art', Ecole buissonniere, 135-40). 3. Harmony and Melody ('Harmonie et melodie', Harmonie et melodie, 1-36, July 1879) _. 4. The Birmingham Festivals ('Festivals de Birmingham', Harmonieet melodie, 141-54,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2003; US$ 24.99
The De Malo represents some of Aquinas' most mature thinking on goodness, badness, and human agency. In it he examines the full range of questions associated with evil: its origin, its nature, its relation to good, and its compatibility with the existence of an omnipotent, benevolent God. This edition offers Richard Regan's new, clear readable... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2002; US$ 44.99
Do politicians listen to the public? How often and when? Or are the views of the public manipulated or used strategically by political and economic elites? Navigating Public Opinion brings together leading scholars of American politics to assess and debate these questions. It describes how the relationship between opinion and policy has changed over... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 22.99
Section 1: Children's Musical Play and Creativity: Adult Views. 1. Conceptions of Children's Musical Play. 2. Children's Musical Creativity and Oral Transmission. Section 2: Into the Field. 3. Investigating Musical Play: Ethics and Pragmatics. 4. The Playing Fields. Section 3: Transmission Processes in the Playground. 5. The Influence of... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 10.99
Named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most important innovators of the century, Tariq Ramadan is a leading Muslim scholar, with a large following especially among young European and American Muslims. Now, in his first book written for a wide audience, he offers a marvelous biography of the Prophet Muhammad, one that highlights the spiritual and... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2005; US$ 18.99
The death of the Roman Empire is one of the perennial mysteries of world history. Now, in this groundbreaking book, Peter Heather proposes a stunning new solution: Rome generated its own nemesis. Centuries of imperialism turned the neighbors it called barbarians into an enemy capable of dismantling the Empire that had dominated their lives for so long.... more...