The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,597,636 members ⚫ 1,163,417 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- HarperCollins 2012; US$ 12.74
With Search Inside Yourself , Chade-Meng Tan, one of Google?s earliest engineers and personal growth pioneer, offers a proven method for enhancing mindfulness and emotional intelligence in life and work. Meng?s job is to teach Google?s best and brightest how to apply mindfulness techniques in the office and beyond; now, readers everywhere can get... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2012; US$ 18.00
Everyone knows that high IQ is no guarantee of success, happiness, or virtue, but until Emotional Intelligence , we could only guess why. Daniel Goleman's brilliant report from the frontiers of psychology and neuroscience offers startling new insight into our "two minds"?the rational and the emotional?and how they together shape our destiny. Through... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2010; US$ 26.00 US$ 21.32
Learn BIOPHYSICS without expending a lot of ENERGY! Interested in unraveling the physics of living things? Here's your starting point. Biophysics Demystified is the fast and easy way to understand this fascinating topic. Written in a step-by-step format, this practical guide begins with an introduction to the science of biophysics, covering biophysical... more...
- Princeton University Press 2010; US$ 19.95 US$ 15.96
What is it like to be a Westerner teaching political philosophy in an officially Marxist state? Why do Chinese sex workers sing karaoke with their customers? And why do some Communist Party cadres get promoted if they care for their elderly parents? In this entertaining and illuminating book, one of the few Westerners to teach at a Chinese university... more...
- Penguin Books Ltd 2011; US$ 11.27
Daniel Kahneman, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences for his seminal work in psychology challenging the rational model of judgment and decision making, is one of the world's most important thinkers. His ideas have had a profound impact on many fields-including business, medicine, and politics-but until now, he has never brought together... more...
- Penguin Books Ltd 2013; US$ 11.27
Story of the Human Body explores how the way we use our bodies is all wrong. From an evolutionary perspective, if normal is defined as what most people have done for millions of years, then it's normal to walk and run 9 -15 kilometers a day to hunt and gather fresh food which is high in fibre, low in sugar, and barely processed. It's also normal... more...
- OUP Oxford 2015; US$ 7.99 US$ 6.87
Psychoanalysis has been hailed as an indispensible starting point for understanding neuroses and psychoses. In this Very Short Introduction, Daniel Pick offers an account of the present-day practice of analysis, highlighting the benefits, whilst also shedding light on the problems, risks and failings in the long history of the movement. more...
- Wiley 2002; US$ 21.95 US$ 13.17
* A complete course, from cells to the circulatory system * Hundreds of questions and many review tests * Key concepts and terms defined and explained Master key concepts. Answer challenging questions. Prepare for exams. Learn at your own pace. Are viruses living? How does photosynthesis occur? Is cloning a form of sexual or asexual reproduction?... more...