The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- IberiaLiteratura 2015; US$ 0.91
? Después de abusar de la mujer de un hidalgo ? El clérigo incestuoso ? El marido tuerto ? Empresa temeraria de un hidalgo ? Habiéndose acostado con su mujer ? La muerte de un caballero enamorado ? Los franciscanos que querían violar a una bartelera ? Sutilezas de un enamorado ? Un comerciante engaña a la madre de su amante ? Una bella y joven dama... more...
- De Gruyter 2006; US$ 210.00
This book provides a valuable insight into the past and present situation of Mexican indigenous languages (MIL). It delves into the dynamics of power that emerged in the Mexican colony as a result of the presence of Spanish, today the dominant language in all public domains. After almost five hundred years, the imbalance of power-sharing... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2008; US$ 159.00
Addressing sustainable development in teaching and learning is among the most urgent challenges for modern educational theory and practice. This book explores the unique contribution technology and vocational education can provide to meet these urgent needs. more...
- Crown/Archetype 2012; US$ 15.00
Anyone can read, write, and speak Spanish in only a few short weeks with this unique and proven method, which completely eliminates rote memorization and boring drills. Original B & W illustrations. From the Trade Paperback edition. more...
- Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) 2009; US$ 24.99
1. Daniel refers to the Night of Crystal, also called the Night of Broken Glass. What happened? Was it just in one place or many? How do you think Daniel escaped this night? 2. Daniel's ship is refused in both the United States and Canada before heading to Havana, Cuba. Do some research. Why were German refugees refused entry to the United States... more...
- Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) 2008; US$ 10.99
1. Why do you think the author chose to tell this story through poetry instead of prose? 2. The book follows Rosa from childhood through adulthood. How have the wars changed her? 3. Lieutenant Death says that his father corrected him when he called Rosa a witch-girl because if he adds girl, "she'll think she's human, like us." How do you think this... more...
- Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) 2010; US$ 18.99
The freedom to roam is something that women and girls in Cuba do not have. Yet when Fredrika Bremer visits from Sweden in 1851 to learn about the people of this magical island, she is accompanied by Cecilia, a young slave who longs for her lost home in Africa. Soon Elena, the wealthy daughter of the house, sneaks out to join them. As the three women... more...
- Cambridge University Press 1988; US$ 44.00
This study of the Comentarios is original both in adopting the perspective of discourse analysis and in its interdisciplinary approach. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2012; US$ 149.00
In this study, Marinova examines the diverse practices of crossing boundaries, tactics of translation, and experiences of double and multiple political and national attachments evident in texts about Russo-American encounters from the end of the American Civil War to the Russian Revolution of 1905. Marinova brings together published writings, archival... more...
- VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften 2009; US$ 39.99
Political violence is often understood in terms of rationality and strategic reasoning, or in terms of psychological breakdown due to structural transformations of society. Such approaches, however, allow us to understand only the ´tip of the iceberg´ of a much deeper social phenomenon. Margarita Palacios analyzes political antagonism as expressing... more...