The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,637,813 members ⚫ 1,169,093 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer US 2007; US$ 239.00
1. MOTIVATION In many physical situations, a plant model is often provided with a qualitative or quantitative measure of associated model uncertainties. On the one hand, the validity of the model is guaranteed only inside a frequency band, so that nearly nothing can be said about the behavior of the real plant at high frequencies. On the other hand,... more...
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2006; US$ 29.95
Tréhin, an autistic man with exceptional creative talents and an obsession with large cities, conceived and developed Urville, the capital of a large island province, over 20 years. He shares his vision in this beautifully illustrated guide to the city, which he renders convincingly real in nearly 300 drawings of different districts of Urville. more...
- De Gruyter 2005; US$ 238.00
In this phonetic study, a systematic analysis of intonation from eight German regional varieties is presented for the first time, in which the numerous phonetic forms and their functions in conversation are described. The accompanying CD-ROM includes a collection of excerpts from spoken conversation as well as audio examples, which help... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2007; US$ 159.00
A total of more than 240 human space flights have been completed to date, involving about 450 astronauts from various countries, for a combined total presence in space of more than 70 years. The seventh long-duration expedition crew is currently in residence aboard the International Space Station, continuing a permanent presence in space that began... more...
- International Development Research Centre 2009; US$ 15.00
This book presents a new method for measuring multidimensional poverty. The author critically analyzes various statistical approaches, and proposes a new way of applying a factorial technique, Multiple Correspondence Analysis, to poverty analysis. The core of this new approach rests on the identification of poverty types and on the construction of... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2010; US$ 54.95
The French philosopher and economist Saint-Simon (1760?1825) propounded a new political, economic and social order in which the quest for economic efficiency and social justice led to putting the workers at the forefront. On his death, his disciples worked to preserve his thought and developed it in numerous writings. This book explains why the... more...
- University of Ottawa Press 2008; US$ 14.99
Political commentator and public policy analyst Gilles Paquet examines the benefits and drawbacks of Canada's multiculturalism policy. He rejects the current policy which perpetuates difference and articulates a model for Canadian transculturalism, a more fluid understanding of multiculturalism based on the philosophy of cosmopolitanism which would... more...
- University of Ottawa Press 2009; US$ 14.99
In Crippling Epistemologies and Governance Failures , Gilles Paquet criticizes the prevailing practices of the social sciences on the basis of their inadequate concepts of knowledge, evidence and inquiry, concepts he claims have become methodological ?mental prisons?. Paquet describes the prevailing policy development process in Canada in terms... more...