The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,508,729 members ⚫ 2,065,349 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 44.95
Focal Press' Pocket Lawyer series serves as a legal toolkit for independent producers and artists in the creative industries. The Pocket Lawyer for Comic Book Creators is designed to help emerging artists and veteran professionals in the comic book industry build a solid foundation of business and communication practices that they need to thrive... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2012; US$ 40.95
* How can you use a state's film tax credits to fund your film? SEE PAGE 63. * You have an idea you want to pitch to a production company; how do you safeguard your concept? SEE PAGE 77. * How can you fund your production with product placement? SEE PAGE 157. * How do you get a script to popular Hollywood actors and deal with their agents? SEE... more...
- Simon & Schuster 2008; US$ 29.99
This dramatic narrative of breathtaking scope and riveting focus puts the "story" back into history. It is the saga of how the most ambitious of big ideas -- that a world made up of many nations can govern itself peacefully -- has played out over the millennia. Humankind's "Great Experiment" goes back to the most ancient of days -- literally to the... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2007; US$ 18.00
During the past ten years, few issues have mattered more to America?s vital interests or to the shape of the twenty-first century than Russia?s fate. To cheer the fall of a bankrupt totalitarian regime is one thing; to build on its ruins a stable democratic state is quite another. The challenge of helping to steer post-Soviet Russia-with its thousands... more...
- O'Reilly Media 2007; US$ 18.99
"Self-forgetfulness is the reigning temptation of the technological era. This is why we so readily give our assent to the absurd proposition that a computer can add two plus two, despite the obvious fact that it can do nothing of the sort--not if we have in mind anything remotely resembling what we do when we add numbers. In the computer's case, the... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2011; US$ 15.95
From the acclaimed musician comes a tender, surprising, and often uproarious memoir about his dirt-poor southeast Texas boyhood. The only child of a hard-drinking father and a Holy Roller mother, Rodney Crowell was no stranger to bombast from an early age, whether knock-down-drag-outs at a local dive bar or fire-and-brimstone sermons at Pentecostal... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2012; US$ 32.95
* You have an idea you want to pitch to a production company; how do you safeguard your concept? * There's a painting in the background of your independent film; is it necessary to clear the rights? * The screenplay you and a friend wrote gets optioned; how do you split the proceeds fairly? * How do you get a script to popular Hollywood actors or... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 39.95
Career moves (even positive ones) can be disruptive for the individual, and the psychological impact of changing roles or careers is often underestimated. Career transition coaching is a relatively new field, but one that is highly relevant in the modern world. In Essential Career Transition Coaching Skills, Caroline Talbott explores the most effective... more...
- Washington Square Press 2014; US$ 15.00
Girl, Interrupted meets Best Kept Secret in this riveting, redemptive coming-of-age story about a young woman who overcomes a troubled adolescence, only to lose custody of her daughter when her mental health history is used against her. On the surface, sixteen-year-old Lesley Holloway is just another bright new student at Hawthorn Hill, a posh... more...
- Cambridge University Press 2013; US$ 24.00
Demonstrates how phenomenology constructively addresses problems in philosophy of mind, moral psychology and philosophy of action. more...