The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,720,765 members ⚫ 1,207,593 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Editions Rodopi 2013; US$ 81.00
Motherhood holds a special place in Argentinian culture. Representing Argentinian Mothers examines the historical intersections of medicine and culture that have underpinned the representations of motherhood during the first half of the twentieth century. From the emergence of a medicalised maternal figure at the beginning of the century to the appearance... more...
- University of Chicago Press 2007; US$ 27.50
The Los Angeles riots shattered Korean immigrants? naive belief in the American dream. As many as 2,300 Korean shopkeepers lost their lifetime investments in one day. Korean immigrants had struggled for years to become economically independent through small businesses of their own. However, the riots made them realize how fragile their economic base... more...
- Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) 2003; US$ 59.90
This book is an innovative analysis of regime maintenance and transformation in Malaysia. It goes beyond familiar approaches centred on communal politics, or the corporate workings of Malaysia Inc., to stress the importance of power maintenance -- tracing a path from consociational bargaining, to authoritarian UMNO dominance, to Dr Mahathir's personal... more...
- VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften 2010; US$ 49.24
1. 1 Die Transformation des Wohlfahrtsstaates ? Umbau, Abbau oder Erhaltung? 1. 1 Die Transformation des Wohlfahrtsstaates Mit den Weltwirtschaftskrisen von 1974/75 und 1980-82 gerieten die e- wickelten kapitalistischen Länder in eine tiefe sozioökonomische Krise. Das Wirtschaftswachstum ging ständig zurück. Die Arbeitslosigkeit und die Armut nahmen... more...
- The Lilliput Press 2011; US$ 19.99
Séamas Ó Sìocháin has written what is the most voluminous biography of Casement and a significant contribution to an understanding of his life.' Frank Callinan, The Irish Times Roger Casement is among the most written about and mythologized figures in Irish history, yet has never, until now, been accorded such an impartial, full-scale... more...
- NYU Press 2006; US$ 26.00
Much as we ?select? computer settings by defaultreflexively, without thinking, and sometimes without realizing there are other options?we often discriminate by default as well. And just as default computer settings tend to become locked in or entrenched as the standard, discrimination by default creates a situation in which disparate outcomes are... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2010; US$ 181.15
Knowledge democracy is a concept that addresses the relationships between knowledge production and dissemination as well as the functions of the media and democratic institutions. This book outlines the challenges in pursuing a vital knowledge democracy. more...
- Government Institutes 2002; US$ 99.99
Principles of Risk-Based Decision Making provides managers with the foundation for creating a proactive organizational culture that systematically incorporates risk into key decision-making processes. Based on methodology adopted by a number of organizations including the federal government, this book examines risk-based decision making as a process... more...