The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,782,768 members ⚫ 1,235,374 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Atria Books 2016; US$ 9.50
La guía oficial de Jugos y ejercicios para mantenerse en forma de Claudia Molina, la especialista en nutrición de Univisión y entrenadora física de Nuestra Belleza Latina . Jugosa y fit: El verdadero secreto de los jugos y ejercicios para tener un cuerpazo es una guía de jugos para vivir de una manera natural y saludable, traída a ustedes por la... more...
- Graywolf Press 2014; US$ 13.99
* Finalist for the National Book Award in Poetry * * Winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award in Poetry * Finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award in Criticism * Winner of the NAACP Image Award * Winner of the L.A. Times Book Prize * Winner of the PEN Open Book Award * ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR: The New Yorker... more...
- Random House Children's Books 2011; US$ 6.99
Here's the second entry in veteran author Claudia Mills' charming middle-grade series, which finds the lovably sardonic title character starting the fourth grade, which he's dreading: everyone in fourth grade is expected to join the school choir. And sing. In front of everyone. Mason can't think of many things he enjoys less than singing. But performing... more...
- Indiana University Press 2002; US$ 19.95
"Baracchi has identified pivotal points around which the Republic operates; this allows a reading of the entire text to unfold.... a very beautifully written book." -- Walter Brogan "... a work that opens new and timely vistas within the Republic.... Her approach... is thorough and rigorous." -- ... more...
- Indiana University Press 2003; US$ 27.95
When Massachusetts passed America's first comprehensive adoption law in 1851, the usual motive for taking in an unrelated child was presumed to be the need for cheap labor. But by 1929 -- the first year that every state had an adoption law -- the adoptee's main function was seen as emotional. Little... more...
- University of California Press 2013; US$ 34.95
Between 300 and 600, Christianity experienced a momentous change from persecuted cult to state religion. One of the consequences of this shift was the evolution of the role of the bishop?as the highest Church official in his city?from model Christian to model citizen. Claudia Rapp's exceptionally learned, innovative, and groundbreaking work traces... more...
- Oxford University Press 1993; US$ 59.99
Why did African-American women novelists use idealized stories of bourgeois courtship and marriage to mount arguments on social reform during the last decade of the nineteenth century, during a time when resurgent racism conditioned the lives of all black Americans? Such stories now seem like apolitical fantasies to contemporary readers. This is the... more...
- Pearson Education 2006; US$ 39.99
Translating inspiration to the printed page has always been a challenge. The advent of desktop publishing granted new levels of power and control to the layout artist and graphic designer, but it hasn?t eliminated the traditional pitfalls. In fact, it?s introduced a few new ones. Sometimes managing the disparate elements of fonts, images, colors,... more...