The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2002; US$ 49.95
Beginning with the anthropological linguistic tradition associated primarily with the names of Franz Boas, Edward Sapir and their students and concluding with the work of Noam Chomsky and William Labov at the end of the century. This book offers a comprehensive account of essential periods and areas of research in the history of American Linguistics... more...
The Importance of Techmer's 'Internationale Zeitschrift für Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft' in the Development of General LinguisticsJohn Benjamins Publishing Company 1973; US$ 158.00
Techmer?s Internationale Zeitschrift für Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft (1884?1890) served, at a time of neogrammarian domination in the linguistic scene of the late 19th century, as an international forum for the discussion of general linguistics topics, the Humboldtian philosophy of language, and the promotion of non-Indo-European linguistic research.... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 2004; US$ 149.00
The present volume follows the author's tradition of bringing together at certain intervals selections of articles which more often than not had previously been published in not easily accessible places, or which had not been published before. These papers do not typically represent mere reprints but in most instances thoroughly revised versions.This... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1995; US$ 165.00
The volume brings together recent papers by the author, selected to form a broad picture of his teachings, all of them revised and updated, either addressing particular topics in the Histor(iograph)y of Linguistics (Part I) or offering historical accounts of linguistic subfields (Part II), in altogether 10 chapters: 1, Persistent Issues in Linguistic... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1999; US$ 158.00
The present volume brings together the author's most recent thinking on the tasks and methods of linguistic historiography and his critical assessment of the legacy of a number of major 20th-century scholars. Some of the chapters are revisions of previously published articles, which together with new materials have been welded into a coherent volume. more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1984; US$ 165.00
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Edward Sapir (1884?1939), this volume brings together a number of papers by distinguished North American scholars appraising the life and work of the world-renowned anthropologist and linguist. It includes an introduction by the editor, a full bibliography of Sapir's scientific writings, a detailed... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1991; US$ 180.00
This sequel to First Person Singular (1980) presents autobiographical sketches of 15 eminent scholars in the language sciences. These personal reminiscences on their careers in linguistics reflect developments in the field over the past decades and shed light on the role each of them played and the influences they underwent. This book is a valuable... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1998; US$ 165.00
This sequel to the First Person Singular volumes published in 1980 and 1991, respectively (SiHoLS 21 and 61) presents autobiographical accounts by major North American linguists. This material provides an important primary source for the history and development of the discipline during the 20th century. The volume includes photographs of all contributors... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1989; US$ 195.00
This collection contains 24 articles on the history of linguistics written between 1978 and 1988, divided into three parts: 1. Methods and Models in Linguistic Historiography 2. Tradition and Transmission of Linguistic Notions 3. Schools and Scholars in the History of Linguistics Three articles are written in German, two in French and one in... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1980; US$ 195.00
This volume presents a selection of revised papers from the International Conference on the History of the Language Sciences (Ottawa 1978). These have been organized under the following headings: I. Classical Traditions in the Middle Ages and Medieval Thought in the Renaissance and After; II. Sixteenth Through Eighteenth Century Linguistic Ideas; III.... more...
Top 3 Title Results:Show all 3 Title results
- 1.Auroux, Sylvain; Koerner, E.F.K.; Niederehe, Hans-Josef; Versteegh, Kees: History of the Language Sciences / Geschichte der Sprachwissenschaften / Histoire des sciences du langage. 3. Teilband
- 2.Auroux, Sylvain; Koerner, E.F.K.; Niederehe, Hans-Josef; Versteegh, Kees: History of the Language Sciences / Geschichte der Sprachwissenschaften / Histoire des sciences du langage. 1. Teilband
- 3.Auroux, Sylvain; Koerner, E.F.K.; Niederehe, Hans-Josef; Versteegh, Kees: History of the Language Sciences / Geschichte der Sprachwissenschaften / Histoire des sciences du langage. 2. Teilband