The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,603,993 members ⚫ 1,165,375 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony 2015; US$ 14.99
A devilishly funny collection of comics that explores our most gruesome, hilarious, and bizare fears - and the dangers lurking around every corner. We all have strange, irrational fears?from seeing ghosts in the bedroom mirror to being sucked into a mall escalator or finding yourself miles below the ocean's surface on the deck of a sunken ship.... more...
- Emerald Group Publishing Limited 2006; US$ 199.00
This e-book on risk management seeks to introduce the reader to some aspects of risk management that has not received much prominence in the literature, particularly for non-financial firms. more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2003; US$ 45.00 US$ 36.90
* This worldwide bestseller utilizes case studies to examine and explain aircraft accidents and incidents * Covers five major problem causes: human factors, weather, mid-air collisions, mechanical failure, runway incursions * NEW TO THIS EDITION: Chapters on Monitoring/Managing Cockpit Behavior and Spatial Disorientation; 27 new case studies;... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2007; Not Available
More than ten years after its discovery, still relatively little is known about the top quark, the heaviest known elementary particle. The present extensive survey summarizes and reviews top-quark physics based on the precision measurements at the Fermilab Tevatron Collider, as well as the sensitivity of these experiments to new physics. Finally, an... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2010; US$ 48.95
According to recent estimates, around 6,000 people ? mostly children under five ? die every day from diseases caused by inappropriate water and sanitation (WS) services. Much of the academic and political debate surrounding this issue has focused on private sector participation. By shifting the attention towards the influence of governance, Krause examines... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2008; US$ 115.00
Women in Civil Society: The State, Islamism and Networking in the UAE investigates how women in an Arab Gulf country prove to play a key role in how civil society takes shape with and against one another through case studies on women in state-run organizations, Islamic organizations, and networks. more...
- Wiley 2009; US$ 133.00 US$ 115.27
Providing many lessons learned from past silo fires coupled with in-depth knowledge from experts, this book explains current prevention measures in detail -- helping to prevent future damage. It covers numerous types of fire detection devices and fire fighting equipment, backed by extensive data tables listing fire and explosion characteristics of... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2010; US$ 110.00
Much is written in the popular literature about the current pace of technological change. But do we have enough scientific knowledge about the sources and management of innovation to properly inform policymaking in technology dependent domains such as energy and the environment? While it is agreed that technological change does not 'fall from heaven... more...
- Wiley 2011; US$ 175.00 US$ 151.67
The book provides a comprehensive compilation of fundamentals, technical solutions and applications for medical imaging systems. It is intended as a handbook for students in biomedical engineering, for medical physicists, and for engineers working on medical technologies, as well as for lecturers at universities and engineering schools. For qualified... more...