The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Palgrave Macmillan 2015; US$ 90.00
1. Indigenous Sites and Mobilities: Connected Struggles in the Long Nineteenth Century; Alan Lester and Zoë Laidlaw 2. Re-imagining Settler Sovereignty: The Call to Law at the Coranderrk Aboriginal Reserve, Victoria 1881 (and Beyond); Julie Evans and Giordano Nanni 3. Indigenous Land Loss, Justice and Race: Anne Bon and the Contradictions of Settler... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2005; US$ 45.95
Imperial Networks investigates the discourses and practices of British colonialism. It reveals how British colonialism in the Eastern Cape region was informed by, and itself informed, imperial ideas and activities elsewhere, both in Britain and in other colonies. It examines: * the origins and development of the three interacting discourses... more...
- Cambridge University Press 2014; US$ 79.00
Reveals the ways in which those responsible for creating Britain's nineteenth-century empire sought to make colonization compatible with humanitarianism. more...
- Hannibal Verlag 2010; US$ 9.07
Diese Biografie enthüllt die beiden Pole einer komplexen Persönlichkeit. Pink wird von der Öffentlichkeit als entschlossene und lebenslustige Künstlerin wahrgenommen, die sich in einem immer schneller drehenden Musikgeschäft behaupten kann. Doch in ihrem Leben gibt es auch viele dunkle Seiten, die sie in einen optimistischen, packenden und modernen... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 81.95
This is the first book to combine a discussion of post-apartheid development initiatives with an extended historical analysis of South Africa's dynamic race, class, gender and ethnic identities. Bringing together the research of an historical geographer and two development geographers, the book enables us to locate the post-apartheid transition in... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2014; US$ 105.00
This book is the first to explore the deep and lasting impacts of the largest colonial trading company, the British East India Company on the natural environment. The contributors ? drawn from a wide range of academic disciplines - illuminate the relationship between colonial capital and the changing environment between 1600 and 1857. more...
- Rutgers University Press 2014; US$ 65.00
Over the past forty years, the health humanities, previously called the medical humanities, has emerged as one of the most exciting fields for interdisciplinary scholarship, advancing humanistic inquiry into bioethics, human rights, health care, and the uses of technology. It has also helped inspire medical practitioners to engage in deeper reflection... more...