The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- American Psychiatric Publishing 2008; US$ 107.00
Representing the work of 60 distinguished contributors, this comprehensive summary answers these and many other questions concerning the psychological and pharmacological treatment of psychiatric illnesses in women, physiology, course and manifestation, and the interaction between social and biological factors. more...
- Lexington Books 2009; US$ 94.99
The relationship between Christianity and human rights is often commented upon, but seldom explored. Christianity and Human Rights: Christians and the Struggle for Global Justice is a sustained exploration of the topic by eminent scholars who are committed to presenting this relationship in all its complexity. The introduction, theoretical chapters,... more...
- Texas A&M University Press 2013; US$ 35.00
In 1910 insurgent leaders crushed the Porfirian dictatorship, but in the years that followed fought among themselves, until a nationalist consensus produced the 1917 Constitution. This in turn provided the basis for a reform agenda that transformed Mexico in the modern era. The civil war and the reforms that followed receive new and insightful attention... more...
- R&L Education 2011; US$ 25.99
This book taps the best American thinkers to answer the essential American question: How do we sustain our experiment in government of, by, and for the people? Authored by an extraordinary and politically diverse roster of public officials, scholars, and educators, these chapters describe our nation's civic education problem, assess its causes,... more...
- Lexington Books 2012; US$ 44.99
1. Introduction: Probing Madison Avenue's Utopian Images and Narrative, Luigi Manca, Alessandra Manca, and Gail W. Pieper 2. The Portrayal of Utopian Spaces in Magazine Advertisements, Luigi Manca and Alessandra Manca 3. Water, the All-Purpose Utopia, John Kloos 4. Women and Children in a Fragile Paradise, Jean-Marie Kauth 5. Welcome... more...
- University of Alabama Press 2012; US$ 40.00
Expanding American Anthropology, 1945?1980: A Generation Reflects takes an inside look at American anthropology?s participation in the enormous expansion of the social sciences after World War II. During this time the discipline of anthropology itself came of age, expanding into diverse subfields, frequently on the initiative of individual practitioners.... more...
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers 1999; US$ 38.99
Tracing the intertwined roles of food, ethnicity, and regionalism in the construction of American identity, this textbook examines the central role food plays in our lives. Drawing on a range of disciplines?including sociology, anthropology, folklore, geography, history, and nutrition?the editors have selected a group of engaging essays to help students... more...