The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2011; US$ 209.00
This volume provides a philosophical ?applied? account of violence, engaged with both empirical and theoretical debates in other disciplines such as cognitive science, sociology, psychiatry, anthropology, political theory, evolutionary biology, and theology. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009; US$ 279.00
This volume explores abductive cognition, an important but, at least until the third quarter of the last century, neglected topic in cognition. It aims at increasing knowledge about creative and expert inferences. more...
- Springer US 2011; US$ 209.00
1. Hypothesis Generation. 2. Theoretical Abduction. 3. Manipulative abduction. 4. Diagnostic Reasoning. 5. Visual, Temporal Abduction. 6. Governing inconsistencies. 7. Hypothesis Withdrawal in Science. References. Author Index. Subject Index. more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2014; US$ 115.00
As national leaders struggle to revive their economies, the people of Europe face a stark reality, which has created an opportunity for local leaders and citizen movers and shakers to rise to the occasion to spur revitalization from the bottom up. The author offers a six-point plan to prosperity. more...
- Springer London 2013; US$ 49.95
Passivity-based Model Predictive Control for Mobile Vehicle Navigation represents a complete theoretical approach to the adoption of passivity-based model predictive control (MPC) for autonomous vehicle navigation in both indoor and outdoor environments. The brief also introduces analysis of the worst-case scenario that might occur during the task... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008; US$ 139.00
A drift chamber is an apparatus for measuring the space coordinates of the trajectory of a charged particle. This is achieved by detecting the ionization electrons produced by the charged particle in the gas of the chamber and by measuring their drift times and arrival positions on sensitive electrodes. When the multiwire proportional chamber, or ?Charpak... more...
- Boydell & Brewer 2015; US$ 99.00
A consideration of the ways in which the past was framed and remembered in the pre-modern world. more...