The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Guilford Publications 2012; US$ 31.00
This bestselling book gives preservice and practicing literacy coaches the tools they need to build a successful schoolwide reading program. The authors, well-known experts in the field, describe the literacy coach's crucial, evolving role in today's schools. They offer step-by-step guidelines for implementing curricula and assessments, selecting instructional... more...
- Guilford Publications 2007; US$ 30.00
This bestselling book provides a research-based framework for making differentiated instruction work in the primary grades. It includes scientifically validated techniques for teaching each component of the beginning reading program. The authors describe how to use assessment to form differentiated small groups and monitor student progress; plan which... more...
- Guilford Publications 2011; US$ 30.00
Sharon Walpole, PhD, is Associate Professor in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. Her research interests include the design and effects of schoolwide reforms, particularly those involving literacy coaches. Dr. Walpole is coauthor of three previous books with Michael C. McKenna, as well as numerous journal articles. She is the... more...
- Guilford Publications 2013; US$ 29.00
1. Models of Coaching 2. Serving Adult Learners 3. Serving Adult Learners in School Contexts 4. The Role of Assessment in Coaching 5. Providing Professional Support 6. Classroom-Level Coaching 7. Grade-Level Coaching 8. Literacy Coaching in the Middle Grades 9. The Challenge of Reluctant Teachers more...
- Taylor and Francis 2003; US$ 53.95
This text gives prospective and practicing teachers a comprehensive understanding of how to teach multiple literacies in elementary and middle school classrooms. All of the literacies--dance, music, visual arts, popular culture, media, and computer technologies--are integrated with reading and writing. Balanced treatment is given to theoretical perspectives... more...
- Guilford Publications 2012; US$ 27.00
1. Assessments in an RTI System 2. Assessing Reading Development 3. Conducting a School Assessment Audit 4. Assessments in Tier 1: The Essentials 5. Assessments in Tier 2: Providing and Evaluating Secondary Support 6. Assessments in Tier 3 and Beyond: Diagnostic Decision Making 7. Communicating Assessment Outcomes 8. Creating an Effective... more...
- Guilford Publications 2012; US$ 40.00
1. Introduction to Reading Assessment 2. General Concepts of Assessment 3. Informal Reading Inventories and Other Measures of Oral Reading 4. Emergent Literacy 5. Word Recognition and Spelling 6. Fluency 7. Comprehension 8. Strategic Knowledge 9. Affective Factors 10. Preparing a Reading Clinic Report Appendix. Case Studies more...
- Guilford Publications 2010; US$ 32.00
Bringing together leading scholars, this book describes proven ways to enhance early literacy skills in 3- and 4-year-olds, especially those from low-income families. Presented are scientifically based methods and approaches that are being applied in Early Reading First programs around the country. Important topics include promoting oral language... more...
- Guilford Publications 2011; US$ 33.00
Sharon Walpole, PhD, is Associate Professor of Education at the University of Delaware, where she teaches graduate courses and conducts research in the area of literacy. She is coauthor (with Michael C. McKenna) of four previous books . Dr. Walpole?s extensive experience both as a literacy coach and as a professional developer working directly... more...
- Taylor and Francis 1998; US$ 225.00
The major shift going on today in the technologies of reading and writing raises important questions about conventional conceptions of literacy and its role in education, society, and culture. What are the important characteristics of electronic forms of reading and writing distinguishing them from printed forms? To what extent and in what ways is... more...