The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 190.00
This is a major anthropological study of contemporary Tibetan Buddhist monasticism and tantric ritual in the Ladakh region of North-West India and of the role of tantric ritual in the formation and maintenance of traditional forms of state structure and political consciousness in Tibet. Containing detailed descriptions and analyses of monastic ritual,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 46.95
Many young people failed by the school system are those who face a range of social and economic challenges due to multiple forms of injustice. This book provides an insight into the educational practices that work to re-engage young people who have become disenchanted with traditional schooling. It examines the lives of students and workers who participate... more...
- Allen & Unwin 2005; US$ 36.31
Drawing on one of the largest studies of primary and secondary classrooms ever undertaken in Australia, the authors explain how teachers and schools can refocus on the classroom strategies that make a real difference to learning outcomes. more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2007; US$ 44.00
* How can we understand and theorise school leadership?. * How can school leadership work towards enhancing student learning?. * What are the constraints and possibilities for school leadership at the beginning of a new century?. This new title is relevant to anyone concerned with improving schooling and enhancing the professional practices of educators.... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2008; US$ 100.00
Exploring current approaches to addressing boys' education in schools, this book highlights the limitations of structural reform initiatives and the failure to address the impact of socioeconomic status, race, sexuality, disability and hegemonic masculinity on both boys' and girls' participation in schooling. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 49.95
This book explores new questions and lines of analysis within the field of ?gender and education?, conveying some of the style and diversity of contemporary research directions. It celebrates as well as assesses the achievements of feminist work in education, acknowledging this legacy while also ?troubling? and opening up for critical reflection any... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2007; US$ 37.95
Ways of Reading is a well-established core textbook that provides the reader with the tools to analyze and interpret the meanings of literary and non-literary texts. Six sections, split into self-contained units with their own activities and notes for further reading, cover: techniques and problem-solving language variation ... more...