The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2004; US$ 15.95
1) In the note ?Evils Imminent,? Erik Larson writes ?Beneath the gore and smoke and loam, this book is about the evanescence of life, and why some men choose to fill their brief allotment of time engaging the impossible, others in the manufacture of sorrow? [xi]. What does the book reveal about ?the ineluctable conflict between good and evil?? What... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2015; US$ 28.00
#1 New York Times Bestseller From the bestselling author and master of narrative nonfiction comes the enthralling story of the sinking of the Lusitania On May 1, 1915, with WWI entering its tenth month, a luxury ocean liner as richly appointed as an English country house sailed out of New York, bound for Liverpool, carrying a record number of... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2011; US$ 16.00
Erik Larson, New York Times bestselling author of Devil in the White City, delivers a remarkable story set during Hitler?s rise to power. The time is 1933, the place, Berlin, when William E. Dodd becomes America?s first ambassador to Hitler?s Nazi Germany in a year that proved to be a turning point in history. A mild-mannered professor... more...
- Columbia University Press 2014; US$ 8.99
The year is 2393, and a senior scholar of the Second People's Republic of China presents a gripping and deeply disturbing account of how the children of the Enlightenment, the political and economic elites of the so-called advanced industrial societies, entered into a Penumbral period in the early decades of the twenty-first century, a time when sound... more...
- Amsterdam University Press 2013; US$ 33.50
Largely because of the European Union?s two-phase expansion in 2004 and 2007, labor migration across the continent has changed significantly in recent years. Notably, the EU?s policy of open borders has enabled a growing stream of workers to leave new member states in search of higher wages. As a result, the nature, scale, and direction of migration... more...
- Springer 2007; US$ 329.00
Offers readers an overview of the findings in plastic and aesthetic surgery. This book is structured according to the major fields of plastic surgery, thereby giving the reader an overview of the significant contributions to the international community. more...
- Springer 2008; US$ 129.00
Die Augenerkrankung ?Grauer Star" betrifft mit zunehmendem Lebensalter fast jeden Menschen. Der Fachbegriff ?Katarakt" (Wasserfall) beschreibt dabei die Sicht des Patienten, der wie durch einen Nebelschleier sieht. Das Buch bietet die optimale Begleitung beim Aneignen und Vertiefen der operativen Fertigkeiten für die Kataraktoperation. Kompakte Texte... more...
- Ashgate Publishing Ltd 2015; US$ 109.95
Despite the common focus on deviations and failures in health systems, it is an undeniable fact that clinical work goes right far more often than it goes wrong, and that we only can make it better if we understand how this happens. This second volume of Resilient Health Care continues the line of thinking of the first book. It breaks new ground by... more...