The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,508,729 members ⚫ 2,065,349 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Wiley 2007; US$ 24.99
Aimed at both working programmers who are applying for a job where puzzles are an integral part of the interview, as well as techies who just love a good puzzle, this book offers a cache of exciting puzzles Features a new series of puzzles, never before published, called elimination puzzles that have a pedagogical aim of helping the reader solve... more...
- Dover Publications 2013; US$ 10.99
The heroic Dr. Ecco uncovers a fiendish plot in this collection of original puzzles inspired by research methods of computer science and mathematics. No sophisticated mathematical background necessary. Solutions. more...
- Elsevier Science 2002; US$ 87.95
Tuning your database for optimal performance means more than following a few short steps in a vendor-specific guide. For maximum improvement, you need a broad and deep knowledge of basic tuning principles, the ability to gather data in a systematic way, and the skill to make your system run faster. This is an art as well as a science, and Database... more...
- Morgan & Claypool Publishers 2010; US$ 35.00
Statistics is the activity of inferring results about a population given a sample. Historically, statistics books assume an underlying distribution to the data (typically, the normal distribution) and derive results under that assumption. Unfortunately, in real life, one cannot normally be sure of the underlying distribution. For that reason, this... more...
- Morgan & Claypool Publishers 2011; US$ 30.00
In the history of modern computation, large mechanical calculators preceded computers. A person would sit there punching keys according to a procedure and a number would eventually appear. Once calculators became fast enough, it became obvious that the critical path was the punching rather than the calculation itself. That is what made the stored program... more...
- mvg Verlag 2013; US$ 17.17
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 39.95
Inferring gene regulatory networks is a difficult problem to solve due to the relative scarcity of data compared to the potential size of the networks. While researchers have developed techniques to find some of the underlying network structure, there is still no one-size-fits-all algorithm for every data set. Network Inference in Molecular Biology... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 1999; US$ 87.99
Contributors. Introduction. Part I. Finding Patterns in Sequences. 1. Discovering Patterns in DNA Sequences by the Algorithmic Significance Method, Aleksandar Milosavljevic. 2. Assembling Blocks, Jorja G. Henikoff. 3. MEME, MAST, and Meta-MEME: New Tools for Motif Discovery in Protein Sequences, Timothy L. Bailey et al. 4. Pattern Discovery and Classification... more...
- Springer London 2006; US$ 189.00
8. 1. 1 Protein Subcellular Location The life sciences have entered the post-genome era where the focus of biologicalresearchhasshiftedfromgenomesequencestoproteinfunctionality. Withwhole-genomedraftsofmouseandhumaninhand,scientistsareputting more and more e?ort into obtaining information about the entire proteome in a given cell type. The properties... more...