The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,578,973 members ⚫ 1,187,673 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2003; US$ 15.95
1. What is the difference between a healthy brain and a sick one? 2. What comparisons might be made between early childhood development and Alzheimer?s? 3. By what processes?historic, scientific, semantic, cultural?have certain forms of dementia come to be known as Alzheimer?s? 4. By holding the story of Ralph Waldo Emerson?s mental decline in... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2007; US$ 16.00
Chess is the most enduring and universal game in history. Here, bestselling author David Shenk chronicles its intriguing saga, from ancient Persia to medieval Europe to the dens of Benjamin Franklin and Norman Schwarzkopf. Along the way, he examines a single legendary game that took place in London in 1851 between two masters of the time, and relays... more...
- HarperCollins 2009; US$ 12.99
Media scholar ( and Internet Enthusiast ) David Shenk examines the troubling effects of information proliferation on our bodies, our brains, our relationships, and our culture, then offers strikingly down-to-earth insights for coping with the deluge. With a skillful mixture of personal essay, firsthand reportage, and sharp analysis, Shenk illustrates... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2010; US$ 16.95
New York Times Book Review "Inspired... The Genius in All of Us has quietly blown my mind."-- Salon ??a welcome new book?you?ll find [Shenk] a fluid, easy writer? The Genius in All of Us is a quick, compelling read.? ? The Boston Globe "Empowering...myth-busting...highly readable...entertaining." -- KIRKUS REVIEWS "Intent on burying... more...
- Souvenir Press 2011; US$ 18.94
David Shenk surveys the history of chess, capturing the Zelig-like nature of the game that has changed the societies that have played it. It's rules and pieces have served as a metaphor for society (to be found in the writings of Borges, Nabokov, Tolstoy, Canetti, Eliot), it has helped to form the military strategies that conquered civilisations,... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2015; US$ 16.00
NOW AN EBOOK FOR THE FIRST TIME For fifty years and more than two thousand shows, the Grateful Dead have been earning the "deadication" of more than a million fans. Along the way, Deadheads have built an original and authentic American subculture, with vivid jargon and rich love, and its own legends, myths, and spirituality. Skeleton Key: A Dictionary... more...
- Lexington Books 2009; US$ 41.99
This book addresses sensitive issues that often lead to misperception between Christians and Muslims. Considering the current state of the world, this timely work makes an important contribution that will help readers deepen their understanding of Muslims, Christians, and the importance of interfaith dialogue. more...
- University of Alabama Press 2015; US$ 59.95
The third installment in the landmark LAVIS (Language Variety in the South) series, New Perspectives on Language Variety in the South: Historical and Contemporary Approaches brings together essays devoted to the careful examination and elucidation of the rich linguistic diversity of the American South, updating and broadening the work of the earlier... more...