The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Profile Books 2011; US$ 13.32
The New North is a book that turns the world literally upside down. Analysing four key 'megatrends' - population growth and migration, natural resource demand, climate change and globalisation - UCLA professor Larry Smith projects a world that by mid-century will have shifted its political and economic axes radically to the north. The... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2015; US$ 145.00
The central focus of this volume is a critical comparative analysis of the key drivers for water resource management and the provision of clean water ? governance systems and institutional and legal arrangements. The authors present a systematic analysis of case study river systems drawn from Australia, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, UK and USA... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2010; US$ 16.00
- Wall Street Journal "Smith's planetary palm-reading would be impressive enough, but he also managed to pull it off with literary gusto. He combines a wide-angle-lens analysis reminiscent of Jared Diamond with a knack for narrative, including tales of numerous visits to the Arctic." - New Scientist "Cleverly executed." - Mother Jones... more...
- Hackett Publishing Company, Inc. 1993; US$ 7.75
This thoughtful new abridgment is enriched by the brilliant commentary which accompanies it. In it, Laurence Dickey argues that the Wealth of Nations containsand conceals--a great deal of how Smith actually thought a commercial society works. Guided by his conviction that the so-called "Adam Smith Problem"--the relationship between... more...
- Harlequin 2013; Not Available
Le secret de ses yeux, Andrea Laurence Pourquoi ne se souvient-elle de rien ? Pourquoi son nom ? Cynthia Dempsey -, son travail, son appartement, sa famille, ne font resurgir aucun souvenir à sa mémoire ? Depuis l?accident, c?est bien simple, elle ne sait plus qui elle est. Mais dans cet océan d?incertitude, une chose est sûre, cependant : Will... more...
- University of Chicago Press 2008; US$ 45.00
For anyone with an interest in pensions?workers and employers, personnel directors, accountants, actuaries, lawyers, insurance agents, financial analysts, government officials, and social scientists?this book is required reading. Now, without the aid of a pension specialist, anyone can determine how their particular pension plan stacks up against... more...
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers 2009; US$ 89.99
1 Boethius and the Consolation of Geometry Chapter 2 Linguistic Style and the Negation of Self in Elene Chapter 3 Shielded Subjects and Dreams of Permeability: Fashioning Scudamour in The Faerie Queene Chapter 4 Erotic Symbolism, Laughter, and Hermeneutics at Work in Late-Medieval mæren: The Case of Das Häslein Chapter 5 The Romance Epic Hero, the... more...
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers 1999; US$ 46.99
Responding to volatile criticisms frequently leveled at Leo Strauss and those he influenced, the prominent contributors to this volume demonstrate the profound influence that Strauss and his students have exerted on American liberal democracy and contemporary political thought. By stressing the enduring vitality of classic books and by articulating... more...