The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1988; US$ 203.00
Traditionally the study of syntax is restricted to the study of what goes on within the boundaries of the prosodic sentence. Although the nature of clause combining within a prosodic sentence has always been a central concern of traditional syntax (in GG, e.g. it underlies important research on deletion and anaphora), work within a discourse analysis... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1992; US$ 213.00
Discourse Description presents in one convenient volume a variety of approaches to text description that have been proposed in the linguistic literature in the last decade or so. The book is organized to make it easy to understand and compare the various approaches. Since all of the researchers are analyzing the same text, their differences are readily... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1996; US$ 173.00
This volume reflects the influence of Chuck Fillmore?s ground-breaking work in the fields of semantics and pragmatics. The papers in the volume pay tribute to his pioneering research into the deepest realms of the nature of ?meaning?. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 48.95
This study tells the tale of two retirement organizations that reflect common leadership issues throughout the western world, issues that are emerging in many developing countries and have yet to be experienced in others. Wherever rapid population ageing is coupled with a view of old people as useless and a burden, challenging questions arise: how... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1995; US$ 180.00
This volume combines papers selected for their affinity with work on discourse analysis and language typology. The methodological platform is the authors' conviction that all linguistic work needs to be empirical in the sense that (1) generalizations are to be made on the basis of spoken texts in larger contexts, (2) generalizations are correct only... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1997; US$ 210.00
In their subject matter and in their theoretical orientation all the papers in this volume reflect the powerful influence of T. Givón. Most of them deal with questions of morphosyntactic typology, pragmatics, and grammaticalization theory. Many of them are directly based on extensive fieldwork on local languages of the Americas, Africa, Asia,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2002; US$ 149.99
1. Introduction, Cecilia E. Ford, Barbara A. Fox, and Sandra A. Thompson. 2. Constituency and the Grammar of Turn Increments, Cecilia E. Ford, Barbara A. Fox, and Sandra A. Thompson. 3. Cultivating Prayer, Lisa Capps and Elinor Ochs. 4. Producing Sense with Nonsense Syllables: Turn and Sequence in Conversations with a Man with Severe Aphasia, Charles... more...
- University of California Press 2006; US$ 52.95
Wappo is an indigenous language, generally regarded as a language isolate, which was once spoken in the Russian River Valley, just north of San Francisco, California. This reference grammar is based on the speech of Laura Fish Somersal, its last fluent speaker, who died in 1990, and represents the most extensive data and grammatical research ever done... more...