The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- SAGE Publications 2012; US$ 46.00
The second edition of a text mapping directly onto a core module of the undergraduate social work degree: theories and methods. Chapters are written by a range of contributors from universities including Lancaster, Birmingham, Nottingham, York, UCLAN, UEA, Manchester and Glasgow. more...
- SAGE Publications 2009; US$ 44.00
This book truly fills a gap in the market. It challenges the interpretation and current approaches towards anti-discriminatory practice to allow social workers to easily apply positive techniques to their practice more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 36.99
1. Child Welfare Supervision: An Overview, Cathryn Potter. 2. Models of Social Work Supervision, Charmaine R. Brittain. 3. Supervisors as Leaders: A Critical Dimension for Organizational Success, Gary R. Anderson. 4. Management Essentials for Child Welfare Supervisors, Jean East & Michele D. Hanna. 5. The Child Welfare Unit, Michele D. Hanna. 6. Maximizing... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2012; US$ 20.00
This pocketbook will be a valuable tool for both qualified professionals and students. Focusing on how to conduct a home visit in child protection, this book provides useful advice including examples of good and bad practice, diagrams and flowcharts illustrating processes and quick links to the law. more...
- Guilford Publications 2013; US$ 16.95
This book has already offered tremendous help to more than 125,000 readers struggling with out-of-control eating. Christopher G. Fairburn presents a scientifically based blueprint for breaking free of unhealthy eating patterns and finding new ways to deal with the emotional triggers that lead to binges. Packed with step-by-step instructions and straight-talking... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2013; US$ 58.99
The information age is upon us and, with it, a new era of human services has emerged. The terms 'Evidence-Based,' 'evidence-informed,' 'best practice', and 'effective' have become ubiquitous in scholarly and professional publications, government documents, funding applications, and training institutions across the world.... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2002; US$ 59.95
By focusing on developments in the Nordic welfare states during the past decade, Nordic Social Policy provides new insights into the evolution of welfare state measures and generally assesses the peoples health in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark. This comparative work includes chapters on *the changed preconditions of welfare policies *changes... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2001; US$ 58.95
This important sequel to Nordic Social Policy (Routledge 1999) compares welfare state development over the last twenty years in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden with that of Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and other Western European countries. Topics covered include: * income distribution, health inequalities and gender equality... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 18.99
INTRODUCTION. I. THE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE REVOLUTION: PROMISE AND DISAPPOINTMENT. 1. The Revolution Unfolds. 2. The Revolution Stalled. II. ENIGMAS OF ABUSE. 3. The Proper Measure of Abuse. 4. The Entrapment Enigma. 5. Re-presenting Battered Women. II. FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TO COERCIVE CONTROL. 6. Up to Inequality. 7. The Theory of Coercive Control.... more...