The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Bentham Science Publishers 2011; US$ 29.00
Without a thorough understanding of culture and its nuances on part of the mental health service providers, alienation, stigma, and culturally based impediments rule. While concerns for diversity have been raised on numerous occasions, with increasing frequency over the past four decades, little progress has been made in implementing such concerns... more...
- Basic Books 2015; US$ 28.99
What are the jobs of the future? How many will there be? And who will have them? We might imagine—and hope—that today?s industrial revolution will unfold like the last: even as some jobs are eliminated, more will be created to deal with the new innovations of a new era. In Rise of the Robots , Silicon Valley entrepreneur Martin Ford argues that this... more...
- Business Expert Press 2013; US$ 19.95
A firm maximizes profits if each decision adds more to the firm?s revenue than to its costs. Although the concept sounds rather simple, it is difficult to do in practice. To ease this difficulty, the authors are giving you the inside knowledge to ?economic theory.? This book will help you understand economic theory and much more to accurately infer... more...
- Edward Elgar Publishing 2013; US$ 40.00
This fascinating volume offers a comprehensive synthesis of the events, causes and outcomes of the major financial crises from 1929 to the present day. Beginning with an overview of the global financial system, Sara Hsu presents both theoretical and empirical evidence to explain the roots of financial crises in general. She then provides a thorough... more...
- The Floating Press 2009; US$ 6.95
Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy in America (De la démocratie en Amérique) is a classic text detailing the United States of the 1830s, showing a primarily favorable view by Tocqueville as he compares it to his native France. Considered to be an important account of the U.S. democratic system, it has become a classic work in the fields... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 26.78
1. On Being Ethical. 2. Making Ethical Decisions and Taking Action. 3. Enforcement of Ethical Conduct. 4. Knowing Thyself: Understanding Competence and Credentials. 5. Psychotherapy I: Ethical Obligations of Psychotherapists. 6. Psychotherapy II: Techniques and Controversies. 7. The Mental Health Business: Money and Managed Care. 8. Privacy, Confidentiality... more...
- Oxford University Press 2009; US$ 17.99
Why do we find polar bears only in the Arctic and penguins only in the Antarctic? Why do oceanic islands often have many types of birds but no large native mammals? As Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace travelled across distant lands studying the wildlife they both noticed that the distribution of plants and animals formed striking patterns -... more...
- Westview Press 2011; US$ 6.99
This revised edition provides students with an accessible and comprehensive introduction to the United Nations: its history, its organization, its role in global governance, and how it confronts the complex issues facing the world today. more...