The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2008; US$ 16.95
First time in paperback, with a new Introduction and final chapter World affairs expert and intrepid travel journalist Robert D. Kaplan braved the dangers of war-ravaged Afghanistan in the 1980s, living among the mujahidin?the ?soldiers of god??whose unwavering devotion to Islam fueled their mission to oust the formidable Soviet invaders. In Soldiers... more...
- University of Chicago Press 2008; US$ 26.00
In Varieties of Muslim Experience , anthropologist Lawrence Rosen explores aspects of Arab Muslim life that are, at first glance, perplexing to Westerners. He ranges over such diverse topics as why Arabs eschew portraiture, why a Muslim scientist might be attracted to fundamentalism, and why the Prophet must be protected from blasphemous cartoons.... more...
- University of Chicago Press 2009; US$ 30.00
The Venture of Islam has been honored as a magisterial work of the mind since its publication in early 1975. In this three-volume study, illustrated with charts and maps, Hodgson traces and interprets the historical development of Islamic civilization from before the birth of Muhammad to the middle of the twentieth century. This work grew out of... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2010; US$ 16.00
- The New York Times Book Review "Vivid...A fine read." - Time "An important and valuable story of love, faith and courage." - The Washington Post "Gripping." - The Boston Globe "[A] singular and harrowing account of a journalist's captivity in the most important place on earth, and what it means to be the one left behind." ... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2011; US$ 17.00
Advanced Praise for The Wrong War: ?Bing West is many things?a battle-wise veteran, a skeptical journalist, and above all a brilliant chronicler of America?s post-9/11 wars. His latest book provides a gripping account of the tactical realities in Afghanistan, but, no less important, it offers strategic counsel at a time when the Obama administration?and... more...
- Infobase Publishing 2010; US$ 59.40
Afghanistan has long been considered a remote and uninviting country to all but its closest neighbors. This lightly populated agricultural and pastoral nation has guarded its independence in the age of European imperialism thanks in large part to its limited perceived value. Political isolation?reinforced by a conservative tribal culture?kept most... more...
- Henry Holt and Co. 2010; US$ 17.99
An American reporter's chilling account of being kidnapped and imprisoned by the Taliban, in the no-man's-land between Afghanistan and Pakistan Jere Van Dyk was on the wrong side of the border. He and three Afghan guides had crossed into the tribal areas of Pakistan, where no Westerner had ventured for years, hoping to reach the home of a local... more...