The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer 2008; US$ 169.00
Grid Computing: Achievements and Prospects, the 9th edited volume of the CoreGRID series, includes selected papers from the CoreGRID Integration Workshop, held April 2008 in Heraklion-Crete, Greece. This event brings together representatives of the academic and industrial communities performing Grid research in Europe. The workshop was organized in... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2008; US$ 125.95
Recognized and advocated as a powerful tool, the role of remote sensing in identifying, mapping, and monitoring soil salinity and salinization will continue to expand. Remote Sensing of Soil Salinization: Impact on Land Management delineates how to combine science and geospatial technologies for smart environmental management. Choose the Right... more...
- Springer 2008; US$ 209.00
Presents the research findings and prospects on soil mineral-organic matter-microorganism interactions. This book includes topics covering mechanisms of transformations, dynamics and bioavailability of heavy metals, radionuclides, biomolecules and nutrients immobilized on soil minerals, and humic substances. more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 87.99
1. The Chemical Composition of Soils. 2. Soil Minerals. 3. Soil Humus. 4. The Soil Solution. 5. Mineral Stability and Weathering. 6. Oxidation-Reduction Reactions. 7. Soil Particle Surface Charge. 8. Soil Adsorption Phenomena. 9. Exchangeable Ions. 10. Colloidal Phenomena. 11. Soil Acidity. 12. Soil Salinity more...
- Springer 2008; US$ 289.00
Amazonian soils are almost universally thought of as extremely forbidding. Associated with these are tracts of fertile, dark soils termed terra preta or dark earths. The late Dutch soil scientist Wim Sombroek (1934-2003) was instrumental in bringing the significance of these soils to the attention of the world. This title demonstrates his vision. more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2003; US$ 139.99
Symbols and Abbreviations. 1. The Soil System. 2. Soil Water Flow. 3. Saturated Flow. 4. One-Dimensional Absorption. 5. One-Dimensional Infiltration and Vertical Flow. 6. Multidimensional Water Flow in Variably Saturated Soils. 7. Solute and Contaminant Transport. References. Index more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2003; US$ 99.99
1. Introduction. 2. Mineralogy. 3. Soil Chemistry. 4. Soil Physics. 5. Soil Biology and Microbiology. 6. Soil Fertility. 7. Soil Formation and Classification. 8. Major Soils of the Tropics: A Descriptive Classification Based on Clay Mineralogy. 9. Soil Management: An Overview. 10. Properties and Management of Kaolinitic Soils. 11. Properties and Management... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2000; US$ 94.99
Main Symbols. 1. Introduction. 2. Soil and Plant Water. 3. Solute Interchange between Solid, Liquid, and Gas Phases in the Soil. 4. Local Movement of Solutes in Soil. 5. The Uptake Properties of the Root System. 6. Solute Transport in the Soil near Root Surfaces. 7. Chemical and Physical Modification of the Rhizosphere. 8. Microbiological Modification... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 38.99
Foreward. 1. Why Soil is Important in Viticulture. 2. Site Selection and Soil Preparation. 3. The Nutrition of Grapevines. 4. Where the Vine Roots Live. 5. The Living Soil. 6. Putting It All Together. Appendices. References and Further Reading. Index more...