The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,597,636 members ⚫ 1,163,417 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- University of Minnesota Press 1968; US$ 60.00
This volume makes available, for the first time in collected form, a series of sketches by Washington Irving which were published anonymously in a political newspaper, The Corrector, in 1804. The Corrector, a short-lived political sheet, was published in more...
- Infobase Publishing 2003; US$ 36.00
- Comprehensive reading and study guides for some of the world's most important literary masterpieces. - Concise critical excerpts provide a scholarly overview of each work. - "The Story Behind the Story" details the conditions under which the work was written. - Each book includes a biographical sketch of the author, a descriptive list... more...
- University of Minnesota Press 1960; US$ 36.00
Henry James - American Writers 4 was first published in 1960. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital technology to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions. more...
- University of Minnesota Press 1963; US$ 36.00
Washington Irving - American Writers 25 was first published in 1963. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital technology to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions. more...
- University of Minnesota Press 1962; US$ 36.00
Nathaniel Hawthorne - American Writers 23 was first published in 1962. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital technology to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions. more...
- MobileReference.com 2008; US$ 3.99
The novel Fanshawe was the first published work by Nathaniel Hawthorne, and published anonymously in 1828. It was based on his experiences at Bowdoin College in the early 1820s. He had written successful short stories before, but this was his first attempt at creating a novel. Hawthorne published the romance himself, and it was largely unnoticed. After... more...
- University of Alabama Press 2008; US$ 34.95
, ?When these words were written everybody had read or heard of Simon Suggs, the shifty man whose antics had been recorded in many a gusty tale of Alabama frontier life which had drawn laughter and applause from newspaper readers throughout the United States. And everybody, at least in Alabama in the 1850s, knew something about his creator,... more...
- Infobase Publishing 2010; US$ 48.00
This engaging, illustrated guide to the modernist movement in American literature provides a wealth of information on American modernism, the Lost Generation, modernism in the American novel, the Harlem Renaissance, modernism in poetry and drama, and the literary culture of the Moderns. This updated volume is in full color for the first time and features... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2011; US$ 105.00
David Dowling explores the economics of professional authorship - the contiguity between business practice and aesthetic principle - in the most significant literary circles of the American nineteenth century. This comprehensive study ranges from Irving's Knickerbockers, Emerson's Transcendentalists, and Garrison's abolitionists to the popular serial... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1986; US$ 300.00
Le présent ouvrage, composé de deux volumes, réunit la documentation la plus complète et variée qui existe à ce jour dans la matière. Conçu comme un authentique travail collectif, il examine les mouvements littéraires d?avant-garde de 1905?1910 à 1975 successivement sous les angles diachronique (histoire et typologie: vol. I) et synchronique (tendances... more...