The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Springer New York 2009; US$ 249.00
An edited compilation of recent research papers on the socioecology, population biology, and conservation status of the small apes, this text is useful to those interested in the small apes, as well as in the gibbon angle on a number of primatological issues. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 179.00
Bryozoa, a colonial animal phylum with a long evolutionary history, remain widespread today, even recording ambient environmental conditions in their skeletons. This synthesis of current research in Bryozoology covers both extant and extinct taxa. more...
- Springer US 2012; US$ 99.00
1 The Evolution of Normal and Reverse Sexual Size Dimorphism in Shorebirds and Other Birds.- 1. Introduction.- 2. Methods.- 3. The Shorebirds.- 3.1. Charadrii.- 3.2. Scolopaci.- 4. Patterns of Size Dimorphism.- 4.1. Sexual Size Dimorphism and Foraging Behavior.- 4.2. Sexual Size Dimorphism and Latitude.- 4.3. Sexual Size Dimorphism and Mating Systems.-... more...
- Springer US 2012; US$ 99.00
1. Introduction.- 2. Egg formation.- 3. Energy cost of incubation to the parent bird.- 4. Parent-egg interactions: egg temperature and water loss.- 5. Eggs, yolk and embryonic growth rate.- 6. Caloric content and energetic budget of tropical seabird eggs.- 7. Metabolic responses of embryonic sea birds to temperature.- 8. Energetics of breeding Dark-rumped... more...
- Springer India 2013; US$ 239.00
This book examines the application of endophytes in cancer treatment in detail in order to understand their role in the cure of this life threatening disease. It also presents future directions in the field, which can form the base for further research. more...
- Springer Vienna 2014; US$ 189.00
Featuring integrated data from discrete disciplines, this volume is the first on oxygen stress in plants and reflects the advances in our knowledge of the topic over the last decade. It is a comprehensive guide to the diversity of plant responses to hypoxia. more...
- Springer Netherlands 2008; US$ 319.00
This volume provides a comprehensive and thorough scientific analysis and documentation of deep-water coral reefs around the world, highlighting the general geological implications for the understanding of ancient coral and carbonate reefs. more...
- Springer Netherlands 2007; US$ 259.00
Shark conservation and management is often hindered by a lack of basic biological information for most species. An understanding of the age structure and growth dynamics of a population is important for effective conservation and management because this information is often utilized for determination of natural mortality and longevity. Ultimately... more...
- Springer US 2007; US$ 289.00
Neural Crest Induction and Differentiation, written by an international panel of recognized leaders in the field, discusses all aspects of modern neural crest biology from its evolutionary significance, to its specification, migration, plasticity and contribution to multiple lineages of the vertebrate body, to the pathologies associated with abnormal... more...