The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,667,858 members ⚫ 1,180,414 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 37.75
China Business . Ein Handbuch für Investoren, Unternehmer und Manager, die umfassend und praxisnah über den aktuellen Stand der Chancen und Risiken eines geschäftlichen oder beruflichen China-Engagements informiert werden wollen. China Business . Die ganzheitliche Sicht auf China, seine Wirtschaft und Wirtschaftsentwicklung, seine Politik und die... more...
- VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften 2013; US$ 40.58
1. 1 Einfuhrung zum Thema Die Betrachtung der Geschichte der Industrialisierung der heutigen Wirt schaftszentren der Welt zeigt, daB erste industrielle Aktivitatskerne dort entstanden, wo gewinnbare Rohstoffvorkommen - in der Regel Eisen erz und Primarenergietrager, insbesondere Steinkohle - zur VerfUgung standen, die Grundlage einer durch schopferisches... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 86.48
Urbanization is a process taking place in our society, which is changing from a predominantly rural and agrarian society into a predominantly urban and industrial one. This is a transformation which is not just taking place in certain areas, it is not merely a concentration of houses and of people and of activities, but what is perhaps much more important:... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2013; US$ 110.00
This book describes the Basic Income proposal as a model to reform policies of income transfers in Latin America. A study that covers many topics and many countries, looking back at both the genesis and support of current focalized and conditional programs and forward to see how and whether the BI proposal can be adapted for use in the region. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 49.95
Despite the radical transformation of society associated with globalisation, shifting patterns of demography and the revolution in information and communication technologies over the last two decades, we remain profoundly attached to place in economic, social, cultural and emotional terms. The idea of sustainable place shaping has made its way to... more...
- Oxford University Press 2011; US$ 194.99 US$ 167.69
This volume embodies a problem-driven and theoretically informed approach to bridging frontier research in urban economics and urban/regional planning. It highlights the best scholarship in planning and economics that address the most pressing urban problems of our day and should stimulate further dialog between scholars in urban planning and urban... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2013; US$ 32.00
Can a bold investment in education turn around the economy of an entire city? Gene I. Maeroff, former national education correspondent for the New York Times , explores how the nonprofit group Say Yes to Education has instituted a network of reforms in Syracuse, New York, that aim to expand the city's the middle class by supporting its children. more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2013; US$ 79.00 US$ 64.78
This book aims to investigate how cities in China's rust belt restructure their urban industries and economies. Over the years, China's "economic miracle" has been mainly attributed to rapid development in its coastal region, where the majority of research into the country's development has originated from. Development in the... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2003; US$ 75.00 US$ 61.50
This book presents pioneering work on an interregional input-output table of the Chinese economy and its applications to the analysis of interregional and interindustrial relations in China. It is the fruit of the authors' joint efforts of more than five years to establish a solid basis for the analysis of interregional relations in China, in... more...