The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Saddleback Publishing 2005; US$ 7.95
The daredevil Barclays are off on more adventures in these ten new novels. Featuring more suspense, these books are written with struggling readers in mind. Each story also has elements of history, geography, or science. Each novel is 64-pages and include more...
- Bitingduck Press 2007; US$ 9.95
A cycle of thirteen episodes told in Story Theater form, a narrator speaking and life-sized puppets performing simultaneously, Metamorphoses tells the stories from Greek mythology?from the first moments of creation to its version of the flood, and the trials, tribulations, and joys during Zeus?s long reign. It brings to life some of the most memorable... more...
- MobileReference.com 2008; US$ 3.99
This is an electronic edition of the complete book complemented by author biography. This booktable of contents linked to every footnote. ******************. On Old Age is an essay written by Cicero in 44 BC on the subject of aging and death. In addition to its profound subject matter, it has remained popular because its clear and beautiful language... more...
- MobileReference.com 2008; US$ 3.99
This is an electronic edition of the complete book complemented by author biography. This booktable of contents linked to every oration, part and foonote. ******************. ? Excerpted from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2004; US$ 34.99
1. Transforming Bodies, Transforming Epic. 2. Creation, Flood, and Fire. 3. Cadmus and the Tragic Dynasty of Thebes. 4. Human Artistry and Divine Jealousy. 5. The Lives of Women. 6. Aspects of Love. 7. Heroes--Old Style and New. 8. Fantasy, the Fabulous, and the Miraculous Metamorphoses of Nature. 9. Genre and Narrative: Ovid's Polymorphous Poem.... more...
- De Gruyter 2008; US$ 154.00
In the 9th Book of Lucan?s ?Bellum Civile?, the young Cato takes centre stage. With this, the epic also reaches the climax in its representation of Stoic ethics and interpretation of nature. In his commentary on verses 1-733 and three further essays on particular questions, Martin Seewald places particular emphasis on explicating Lucan?s paradoxical... more...
- Oxford University Press, UK 2007; US$ 48.99
A radical new edition of the Augustan poet Propertius, based on the latest research into the manuscript tradition. The English preface contains important comments on the way texts are edited and read. Some important emendations discovered in the papers of A. E. Housman are published here for the first time. - ;Propertius is a poet of the Augustan period,... more...
- De Gruyter 2008; US$ 168.00
The relationship between "Seneca philosophus" and "Seneca tragicus" is still fundamental to any interpretation of his tragedies. The author focuses on this problem within the field of theology. She analyses Seneca's understanding of providentia, and thus the question of theodicy, in his philosophical writings and plays, as well as his view of fatum... more...