The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 39.95
Designed as an introduction to internships and as a guidance manual for use at the internship site. Students will learn basics such as choosing an internship site, résumé writing techniques, interviewing skills, and the importance of setting and developing goals and assessing progress. more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2006; US$ 46.00
Contains the study of policy transfer in criminal justice and crime control. This book focuses upon policy transfer from the USA to the UK, and undertakes an examination of the processes of policy change in the areas perceived as imports from the USA, the privatization of corrections, two and three strikes sentencing, and, zero tolerance policing. more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2007; US$ 46.00
How have different criminal justice agencies responded to the modernization process? What forms does modernization take? This book theorizes modernization in the context of criminal justice. It is suitable for those concerned with the administration of criminal justice at both a policy and managerial level. more...
- Infobase Publishing 2008; US$ 26.34
- What they do--describes typical responsibilities, working conditions, and more - Education and training--explains how to prepare for a career and whether or not apprenticeships, internships, and degree or licensing requirements are necessary - Earnings--offers general information on average salary ranges and fringe benefits - Outlook--forecasts the... more...
- Infobase Publishing 2010; US$ 47.94
In today's dynamic employment scene it is common for professionals to change careers during their working lives. Whether to seek fresh challenges, live a preferred lifestyle, or find a more personally satisfying line of work, more and more people are choosing new and different career paths. Sometimes experienced workers are forced to launch a new... more...
- De Gruyter 2010; US$ 77.00
gegenstand der vorliegenden Arbeit ist die Reformdiskussion und Gesetzgebung zum Tatbestand der Kindestötung gemäß § 217 a.F. StGB von 1870 bis zu dessen Aufhebung durch das Sechste Gesetz zur Reform des Strafrechts am 1. April 1998. more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2011; US$ 174.99
This handbook provides an accessible, high-quality, and comprehensive introduction to and overview of the operation of the American criminal justice system. It is divided into five sections covering the purposes and functions of the system, its problems and priorities, and its main institutions-police and policing, prosecution and sentencing, and community... more...