The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Infobase Publishing 2000; US$ 165.00
In this comprehensive and objective reference to America's criminal past, he offers 2,000 A-to-Z entries covering significant crimes, criminals, and law enforcement figures and techniques. Entries are chosen based on their symbolic or historical relevance and consist of biographies, definitions, and detailed accounts of criminal activities. more...
- Infobase Publishing 2006; US$ 65.00
In The Mafia Encyclopedia, Third Edition, Carl Sifakis once again provides a fascinating survey of the mob?s most influential perpetrators and personalities, including their hangouts and hideaways, their plays for power, their schemes and crimes, and their unique culture and jargon. More than 100 illustrations, nearly 500 entries, and a chronology... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2008; US$ 15.00
?Jose Vigoa[pg. 37] When it comes to violent crime, the Las Vegas cops and casino owners thought they had seen it all. But they had never witnessed anything like Jose Vigoa. Born in Cuba, a child of Fidel Castro?s revolution, Vigoa used his quick wits and quicker fists to trade a life of poverty and desperation for one of danger and adventure as... more...
- Rutgers University Press 2007; US$ 13.00
Notorious New Jersey is the definitive guide to murder, mayhem, the mob, and corruption in the Garden State. With tabloid punch, Jon Blackwell tells riveting accounts of Alexander Hamilton falling mortally wounded on the dueling grounds of Weehawken; Dutch Schultz getting pumped full of lead in the mens room of the Palace Chop House in Newark;... more...
- Grand Central Publishing 2009; US$ 11.99
Nine years ago, Pam Cope owned a cozy hair salon in the tiny town of Neosho, Missouri, and her life revolved around her son's baseball games, her daughter's dance lessons, and family trips to places like Disney World. She had never been out of the country, nor had she any desire to travel far from home. Then, on June 16th, 1999, her life changed... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 15.99
Across America today gated communities sprawl out from urban centers, employers enforce mandatory drug testing, and schools screen students with metal detectors. Social problems ranging from welfare dependency to educational inequality have been reconceptualized as crimes, with an attendant focus on assigning fault and imposing consequences. Even before... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2006; US$ 17.99
Part I What Happened in the 1990s?. 1. The Size and Character of the Crime Decline. 2. The Environment for Optimism: Crime Trends and Attitudes about the Effectiveness of Crime Policies. Part II The Search for Causes. 3. The Usual Suspects: Imprisonment, Demography, and the Economy. 4. Progeny of the 1990s: Three New Explanations of Decline. Part III... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 43.99
1. Child Welfare Supervision: An Overview, Cathryn Potter. 2. Models of Social Work Supervision, Charmaine R. Brittain. 3. Supervisors as Leaders: A Critical Dimension for Organizational Success, Gary R. Anderson. 4. Management Essentials for Child Welfare Supervisors, Jean East & Michele D. Hanna. 5. The Child Welfare Unit, Michele D. Hanna. 6. Maximizing... more...