The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,817,579 members ⚫ 1,261,085 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 47.95
At the time when this book was originally published, broadcasting in Britain had become a huge industry undergoing major changes. There were questions over the release of a new television channel, and commercial radio. This Report was commissioned to aid the citizen at the receiving end of the new technologies who could feel very remote from the... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 47.95
Originally published in 1988, this book provides a thorough examination of the possibilities and key issues in satellite technology which at the time already seemed likely to change the face of broadcasting both within nations and internationally. It begins with a guide to the technical development of different systems of satellites and signal reception... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 44.95
Narrative is one of the ways we organise and understnad the world. It is found everywhere: not only in films and books, but also in everday conversations and in the nonfictional discourses of journalists, historians, educators, psychologists, attorneys and many others. Edward Branigan presents a telling exploration of the basic concepts of narrative... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 54.95
Budgets and Markets highlights the decisions involved in budgeting and marketing European films. It looks at the origin, development, production, distribution, financing and profit of thirteen European films, including such critical and popular successes as Tacones Lejones (High Heels) by Pedro Almodovar; Oci Ciornie (Dark Eyes) by Nikita Mikhalkov;... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 38.95
What is masculinity? Drawing on psychoanalysis and an understanding of ideology, Easthope shows how the masculine myth forces men to try to be masculine and only masculine, denying their feminine side. In an original contribution to the understanding of gender, he analyzes masculinity as it is represented in a wide range of mass media --films, television,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 50.95
Responding to the growth of digital products and the commercial imperative to build new digital businesses, The Business of Digital Publishing offers a comprehensive introduction to the development of digital products in the book and journal industries. This textbook provides background to the main technological development that have influenced... more...
- VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften 2013; US$ 18.23
1. Bedeutung und Strukturen der lokalen Kommunikation.- 1.1. Politische und gesellschaftliche Bedeutung.- 1.1.1. Information und Meinungsbildung der Bürger.- 1.1.2. Entwicklungstendenzen der Lokalberichterstattung.- 1.2. Strukturwandel der lokalen Öffentlichkeit.- 1.2.1. Gemeinde: Politisch-soziale Einheit und Keimzelle der Demokratie.- 1.2.2. Strukturwandel... more...
- VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften 2013; US$ 33.72
In diesem Buch werden 19 verschiedene soziologische Gegenwartsdiagnosen, die alle in den letzten 20 Jahren des 20. Jahrhunderts in Deutschland, Frankreich, Großbritannien und den USA entstanden sind, in ihren zentralen Aussagen jeweils einzeln vorgestellt. Deutschland: Ulrich Beck, Richard Münch, Jürgen Habermas, Gerhard Schulze, Peter Gross, Wilhelm... more...