The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Profile Books 2010; US$ 19.98
This magnificent new biography of the extraordinary impresario of the arts and creator of the Ballets Russes 100 years ago draws on important new research, notably from Russia. 'Scheijen masterfully recounts the phenomenal way in which Diaghilev contrived, under virtually impossible circumstances, to nurture a sequence of works ... he triumphs... more...
- Princeton Book Company 2004; US$ 9.95
Elements of Classical Ballet Technique as Practiced in the School for the Dance Theatre of Harlem champions the rich heritage of American dance from Fanny Elssler's triumphs to the square dances of the pioneers and on to the Dance Theatre of Harlem. Originally published in 1977, the text serves as a theoretical and practical outline of Shook's... more...
- Andrews UK 2013; US$ 3.99
Are you a fan of motor racing? Do you follow all the twists and turns of the grand prix circuit? If so, you will undoubtedly be familiar with Formula 1 driver, Fernando Alonso, the 2005/6 world champion. But how much do you know about Fernandos life on and off the circuit? Where and when was El Nano born? How did he first get into... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2003; US$ 56.95
In this rich interdisciplinary study Tim Scholl provides a provocative and timely re-evaluation of the development of ballet from the 1880s to the middle of the twentieth century. In the light of a thoughtful re-appraisal of dance classicism he locates the roots of modern ballet in the works of Marius Petipa, rather than in the much-celebrated choreographic... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 54.95
First Published in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 56.95
* Score, photographs, and production details of one of this century's best-loved ballets * Includes rare archival material * Packaged with audio CD This work brings together the complete dance score of The Green Table--one of the most famous ballets of the 20th century--in Labanotation, along with music notation for the piano accompaniment and a complete... more...
- The Edwin Mellen Press 2009; US$ 159.95
This study of Rudolf Laban, pre-eminent dance theorist of the twentieth century, provides the first comprehensive analysis of his theoretical explorations. Based upon an examination of unpublished writings and drawings from the final two decades of Labans career, the work traces Labans systematic integration of various strands of research... more...