The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2003; US$ 15.95
1. What is the difference between a healthy brain and a sick one? 2. What comparisons might be made between early childhood development and Alzheimer?s? 3. By what processes?historic, scientific, semantic, cultural?have certain forms of dementia come to be known as Alzheimer?s? 4. By holding the story of Ralph Waldo Emerson?s mental decline in... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2006; US$ 15.00
The Wisdom Paradox explores the aging of the mind from a unique, positive perspective. In an era of increasing fears about mental deterioration, world-renowned neuropsychologist Elkhonon Goldberg provides startling new evidence that though the brain diminishes in some tasks as it ages, it gains in many ways. Most notably, it increases in what he... more...
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2011; US$ 18.95
This book clearly explains what happens to communication as dementia progresses. Advocating a person-centred approach to dementia care, the author describes methods of verbal and non-verbal communication, techniques for communicating with people who cannot speak or move easily, and strategies for communicating more effectively. more...
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2011; US$ 32.95
This book outlines some of the key issues in risk perception, assessment and management in dementia care in a way that is both practical and accessible to a wide range of practitioners. It develops an approach to risk that promotes choice for people with dementia whilst also acknowledging the complex challenges care providers face. more...
- Ebury Publishing 2011; US$ 17.58
If you drink apple juice with cinnamon, look after your gums, read, dance and take an aspirin a day - you are well on your way to preventing Alzheimer's disease. When bestselling author Jean Carper discovered she had the Alzheimer's gene, she was determined to find out if there was anything she could do to help herself. In this book, she teaches... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2011; US$ 7.99
Provides caregivers with compassionate strategies for dealing with the challenges related to Alzheimer's, from memory loss and behavior problems to maintaining quality of life and taking important legal steps. more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2012; US$ 14.99
One in ten adults over 65 has some form of mild cognitive impairment or MCI--thinking problems that go beyond those associated with normal aging, but that fall short of the serious impairments experienced by people with Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias. This is the first book written specifically for individuals with MCI, for their loved... more...
- Workman Publishing Company 2012; US$ 13.95
Want to keep Alzheimer?s at bay for years?ideally, forever? Prevention is the way, and this is the guide. Now in paperback and updated throughout, The Alzheimer?s Prevention Program is essential for everyone with a family history of Alzheimer?s, and for the 80 million baby boomers who worry whenever they forget someone?s name. It?s the book that... more...