The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers 2015; US$ 37.99
Creating Joy and Meaning for the Dementia Patient offers a positive approach to dementia care, one that will help caregivers connect the patient?s understanding to the world around him/her, so that even small triumphs can help to bridge the gap from the darkness of dementia to the integrity of the life of the patient. more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2003; US$ 15.95
1. What is the difference between a healthy brain and a sick one? 2. What comparisons might be made between early childhood development and Alzheimer?s? 3. By what processes?historic, scientific, semantic, cultural?have certain forms of dementia come to be known as Alzheimer?s? 4. By holding the story of Ralph Waldo Emerson?s mental decline in... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2005; US$ 18.95
Based on its author's four-year study and 15 years of experience in Alzheimer's and dementia-related care, Alzheimer's Activities That Stimulate the Mind is the only book offering exercises appropriate to each of the four stages of the disease. It features hundreds of exercises across an array of areas and disciplines, including arts and crafts,... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2008; US$ 15.00
"The brain has a marvelous power to muster up its own internal medicine to prevent Alzheimer's disease. This book will show you how." -William Sears, M.D., author of the Sears Parenting Library series "The perfect game plan to prevent Alzheimer's disease." -Tommy Lasorda, former MLB pitcher and manager more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2006; US$ 15.00
The Wisdom Paradox explores the aging of the mind from a unique, positive perspective. In an era of increasing fears about mental deterioration, world-renowned neuropsychologist Elkhonon Goldberg provides startling new evidence that though the brain diminishes in some tasks as it ages, it gains in many ways. Most notably, it increases in what he... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2009; US$ 23.00
A unique "mentor in a pocket" handbook covering one of the most emotionally-trying experiences nurses face From the co-director of Johns Hopkins University's neuropsychiatry clinic and senior faculty member at the Copper Ridge Institute comes the first pocket-sized reference for generalist nurses on care for patients with dementia, one of the... more...
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2011; US$ 18.95
This book clearly explains what happens to communication as dementia progresses. Advocating a person-centred approach to dementia care, the author describes methods of verbal and non-verbal communication, techniques for communicating with people who cannot speak or move easily, and strategies for communicating more effectively. more...
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2011; US$ 32.95
This book outlines some of the key issues in risk perception, assessment and management in dementia care in a way that is both practical and accessible to a wide range of practitioners. It develops an approach to risk that promotes choice for people with dementia whilst also acknowledging the complex challenges care providers face. more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2011; US$ 7.99
Provides caregivers with compassionate strategies for dealing with the challenges related to Alzheimer's, from memory loss and behavior problems to maintaining quality of life and taking important legal steps. more...