The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2015; US$ 39.95
Despite being roundly cited as much harder to perform than its dramatic counterpart, comic acting is traditionally seen as a performance genre that can?t be taught. At best it is often described as a skill that can only be learned "on the job" through years of practice, or given to a performer through natural talent. Acting Comedy is an effort... more...
- Allworth Press 2010; US$ 19.95
• How to cope with the realities of life as an actor—if you don?t laugh, you'll cry • In-depth interviews with actors, agents, casting directors. In this hip, warts-and-all look at acting, author Jason Pugatch shares his insights as a working "day player" to give an unvarnished look at theater, film, and television: how to be "discovered," what to... more...
- Rutgers University Press 2010; US$ 26.95
Acting for America focuses on the way film icons have engaged in and defined some major issues of cultural and social concern to America during the 1980s. Scholars employing a variety of useful approaches explore how these movie stars' films speak to an increased audience awareness of advances in feminism, new ideas about masculinity, and the... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 52.95
?Zbigniew Cynkutis? writings constitute invaluable testimony of his work with Jerzy Grotowski during the ?theatre of productions? phase and beyond. Cynkutis? insights elucidate aspects of the Laboratory Theatre?s praxis and provide a unique perspective on the questions most often asked about Grotowski. Authored by one of the Laboratory Theatre?s most... more...
- Nick Hern Books 2015; US$ 18.94
Many theatre practitioners think of physical theatre as one thing and text-based theatre as another. In this book, Dymphna Callery, author of Through the Body: A practical guide to physical theatre , shows how exercises and rehearsal techniques associated with physical and devised theatre can be applied to scripted plays. Working ‘through the body?... more...
- Allworth Press 2010; US$ 24.95
* Individual, partner, and group exercises to make any actor more expressive * Crucial acting tips based on the work of distinguished theorist Rudolf Laban * 65 original illustrations of anatomy and warm-up exercises This in-depth, fully illustrated guide offers a groundbreaking approach to understanding physical and vocal movement that will... more...
- Nick Hern Books 2014; US$ 16.03
Drawing on his lifetime career in front of the camera (and sometimes behind it), Denis Lawson offers a wonderfully accessible introduction to acting for film and TV. For the young actor hoping to break into the industry – whether in a drama series, soap or sitcom – this book is the ultimate insider?s guide. The author takes us on a guided tour... more...
- Nick Hern Books 2013; US$ 12.99
A fresh and radical approach to acting by a world-famous director. 'This new "Advice to the Players" cuts open every generalisation about acting and draws out gleamingly fresh specifics. Behind the joy and humour of the writing, Declan Donnellan is subtly leading young actors to an awareness of the living processes behind their work. He brings... more...
- Allworth Press 2011; US$ 24.95
For any actor in or on the way to New York City, this is the definitive source for advice, winning strategies, marketing techniques, and invaluable insights to being a successful New York actor. This new edition has been completely revised and updated to cover the significant changes in the New York theater landscape over the last nine years. This... more...