The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,757,227 members ⚫ 1,221,934 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Wiley 2012; US$ 236.00 US$ 204.53
This series of five volumes proposes an integrated description of physical processes modeling used by scientific disciplines from meteorology to coastal morphodynamics. Volume 1 describes the physical processes and identifies the main measurement devices used to measure the main parameters that are indispensable to implement all these simulation tools. Volume... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2006; US$ 42.49
Chittaranjan Ray, Ph. D. , P. E. University of Hawaii at Mănoa Honolulu, Hawaii, United States Jürgen Schubert, M. Sc. Stadtwerke Düsseldorf AG Düsseldorf, Germany Ronald B. Linsky National Water Research Institute Fountain Valley, California, United States Gina Melin National Water Research Institute Fountain Valley, California, United States 1. What... more...
- Springer US 2012; US$ 222.06
Landscapes are characterized by a wide variation, both spatially and temporally, of tolerance and response to natural processes and anthropogenic stress. These tolerances and responses can be analyzed through individual landscape parameters, such as soils, vegetation, water, etc., or holistically through ecosystem or watershed studies. However,... more...
- Wiley 2013; US$ 140.00 US$ 121.33
Ecohydraulics: An Integrated Approach provides a research level text which highlights recent developments of this emerging and expanding field. With a focus on interdisciplinary research the text examines:- the evolution and scope of ecohydraulics interactions between hydraulics, hydrology, fluvial geomorphology and aquatic ecology ... more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2013; US$ 191.23
During the 20th century, lake research has become an internationally recognised field of scientific activity, improving our understanding on physical, chemical and biological processes, on fresh water ecology, and water resources among others. The interdisciplinary approaches mainly developed in historical research, as performed by archaeologists... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 52.54
1. THE BEGINNINGS OF HYDRATE RESEARCH Until very recently, our understanding of hydrate in the natural environment and its impact on seafloor stability, its importance as a sequester of methane, and its potential as an important mechanism in the Earth's climate change system, was masked by our lack of appreciation of the vastness of the hydrate resource.... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 116.86
Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Source Control Measures for Stormwater Runoff, St. Marienthal-Ostritz, Germany, 8-12 November 2000 more...
- Springer US 2012; US$ 169.99
This book appears a century after the discovery of radioactivity. It was in 1896, when Henri Becquerel reported his first results about the penetrating radiation, which could darken the packed photographic plates. The initial fascination of radioactivity, e.g., the discovery of new radioactive elements, the first real description of the structure of... more...