The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Elsevier Science 1988; US$ 72.95
Despite the large number of papers and books published on soil organic matter (humus), our knowledge of the subject is still very limited, as is our knowledge of humic acid. The author of this book began to study humus at the end of the 1940s and continued until 1984 when he retired from Nagoya University. With the intention of establishing a systematic... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 99.99
1. The Chemical Composition of Soils. 2. Soil Minerals. 3. Soil Humus. 4. The Soil Solution. 5. Mineral Stability and Weathering. 6. Oxidation-Reduction Reactions. 7. Soil Particle Surface Charge. 8. Soil Adsorption Phenomena. 9. Exchangeable Ions. 10. Colloidal Phenomena. 11. Soil Acidity. 12. Soil Salinity more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2003; US$ 114.99
1. Introduction. 2. Mineralogy. 3. Soil Chemistry. 4. Soil Physics. 5. Soil Biology and Microbiology. 6. Soil Fertility. 7. Soil Formation and Classification. 8. Major Soils of the Tropics: A Descriptive Classification Based on Clay Mineralogy. 9. Soil Management: An Overview. 10. Properties and Management of Kaolinitic Soils. 11. Properties and Management... more...
- Wiley 2013; US$ 85.95
This textbook is aimed at the majority of students, who need to quickly acquire a concise overview of soil science. Many current soil science textbooks still cater for a traditional student market where students embark on three years study in a narrow discipline. The growth in modular degree schemes has meant that soil science is now often taught as... more...
- Wiley 2013; US$ 100.95
Principles and Practice of Soil Science, Fourth Editionprovides a current and comprehensive introduction to soil science for students in the fields of environmental and agricultural science, ecology, soil and land management, natural resource management and environmental engineering. Covers all aspects of soil science including soil habitat,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 38.99
Foreward. 1. Why Soil is Important in Viticulture. 2. Site Selection and Soil Preparation. 3. The Nutrition of Grapevines. 4. Where the Vine Roots Live. 5. The Living Soil. 6. Putting It All Together. Appendices. References and Further Reading. Index more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2000; US$ 114.99
Main Symbols. 1. Introduction. 2. Soil and Plant Water. 3. Solute Interchange between Solid, Liquid, and Gas Phases in the Soil. 4. Local Movement of Solutes in Soil. 5. The Uptake Properties of the Root System. 6. Solute Transport in the Soil near Root Surfaces. 7. Chemical and Physical Modification of the Rhizosphere. 8. Microbiological Modification... more...
- Wiley 2008; US$ 59.99
Profiles in the History of the U.S. Soil Survey offers a broad-ranging collection of essays chronicling the development of the U.S. Soil Survey and its influence on the history of soil survey as a scientific discipline that focuses on mapping, analysis, and description of soils. Appraises the influences of key individuals and institutions... more...
- Elsevier Science 2002; US$ 285.00
623435-28b.gif Volume B covers the ecological significance of the interactions among clay minerals, organic matter and soil biota. Soil is a dynamic system in which soil minerals constantly interact with organic matter and microorganisms. Close association among abiotic and biotic entities governs several chemical and biogeochemical processes and... more...
- CSIRO Publishing 2002; US$ 89.95
Provides a standard set of methods that are suited to land resource survey. more...