The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Elsevier Science 2012; US$ 72.95
Developments in Soil Science, 5A: Soil Chemistry: A: Basic Elements focuses on the advancements in the processes, methodologies, principles, and approaches involved in soil chemistry. The selection first elaborates on the composition of the soil, chemical equilibria, and surface interaction between the soil solid phase and the soil solution. Topics... more...
- Elsevier Science 1985; US$ 72.95
This book covers material taught in a graduate-level soil physics course at Washington State University. While most soil physics courses dwell mainly on deriving rather than solving the differential equations for transport, the author's approach is to focus on solutions. Graduate students in agricultural and biological sciences usually have a good... more...
- Elsevier Science 1988; US$ 72.95
Despite the large number of papers and books published on soil organic matter (humus), our knowledge of the subject is still very limited, as is our knowledge of humic acid. The author of this book began to study humus at the end of the 1940s and continued until 1984 when he retired from Nagoya University. With the intention of establishing a systematic... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 87.99
1. The Chemical Composition of Soils. 2. Soil Minerals. 3. Soil Humus. 4. The Soil Solution. 5. Mineral Stability and Weathering. 6. Oxidation-Reduction Reactions. 7. Soil Particle Surface Charge. 8. Soil Adsorption Phenomena. 9. Exchangeable Ions. 10. Colloidal Phenomena. 11. Soil Acidity. 12. Soil Salinity more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2003; US$ 99.99
1. Introduction. 2. Mineralogy. 3. Soil Chemistry. 4. Soil Physics. 5. Soil Biology and Microbiology. 6. Soil Fertility. 7. Soil Formation and Classification. 8. Major Soils of the Tropics: A Descriptive Classification Based on Clay Mineralogy. 9. Soil Management: An Overview. 10. Properties and Management of Kaolinitic Soils. 11. Properties and Management... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2003; US$ 139.99
Symbols and Abbreviations. 1. The Soil System. 2. Soil Water Flow. 3. Saturated Flow. 4. One-Dimensional Absorption. 5. One-Dimensional Infiltration and Vertical Flow. 6. Multidimensional Water Flow in Variably Saturated Soils. 7. Solute and Contaminant Transport. References. Index more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2000; US$ 94.99
Main Symbols. 1. Introduction. 2. Soil and Plant Water. 3. Solute Interchange between Solid, Liquid, and Gas Phases in the Soil. 4. Local Movement of Solutes in Soil. 5. The Uptake Properties of the Root System. 6. Solute Transport in the Soil near Root Surfaces. 7. Chemical and Physical Modification of the Rhizosphere. 8. Microbiological Modification... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 38.99
Foreward. 1. Why Soil is Important in Viticulture. 2. Site Selection and Soil Preparation. 3. The Nutrition of Grapevines. 4. Where the Vine Roots Live. 5. The Living Soil. 6. Putting It All Together. Appendices. References and Further Reading. Index more...