The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Oxford University Press 1986; US$ 199.99
1. Quantum Electrodynamics 2. Hadronic Spectroscopy 3. Quantum Chromodynamics 4. Deep Inelastic Lepton-Hadron Scattering 5. The Electroweak Interaction. Appendices: Bose Fields, the Dirac Field, Causality and its Consequences, Vacuum Polarization, Solutions of Dirac's Equation in a Spherical Enclosure more...
- Oxford University Press 1990; US$ 274.99
The study of the low energy collective and single particle excitations of medium and heavy nuclei has undergone a rapid development. This book aims to survey and assess this development, from both the experimental and theoretical perspectives. It is intended for graduate students in this area. more...
- Elsevier Science 2006; US$ 106.00
The Standard Model of elementary particles and interactions is one of the best tested theories in physics. It has been found to be in remarkable agreement with experiment, and its validity at the quantum level has been successfully probed in the electroweak sector. In spite of its experimental successes, though, the Standard Model suffers from a number... more...
- Springer 2006; US$ 129.00
Covers the main topics in the theory of superdense QCD matter and its application to the astrophysics of compact stars. This book deals with the question whether hypothetical states of dense matter in the compact star interior could give clues to the explanation of puzzling phenomena such as gamma-ray bursts, and pulsar glitches. more...
- Elsevier Science 2000; US$ 255.00
In recent years, the main research areas were photonuclear reactions and meson productions by using the first high-duty tagged photon beam and the TAGX spectrometer. Although this field is developing quite rapidly, the synchrotron was closed in 1999 after 37 years of operation, and these activities continue at new facilities. It was therfore a good... more...
- Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG 2005; US$ 269.00
Describes how advanced Time-correlated single photon counting (TCSPC) techniques work. This work demonstrates their application to time-resolved laser scanning microscopy, single molecule spectroscopy, photon correlation experiments, and diffusion of optical tomography of biological tissue. more...
- Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG 2006; US$ 169.00
This book reports on progress in numerical methods for Lattice QCD with chiral fermions. It contains a set of pedagogical introductory articles written by experts from both the Applied Mathematics and Lattice Field Theory communities, together with detailed accounts of leading-edge algorithms for the simulation of overlap chiral fermions. Topics covered... more...
- Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG 2007; US$ 89.95
The empirical successes of atomic, nuclear, and particle physics have not diminished, and may never fully resolve, the philosophical controversies about the inner constitution of matter. This book examines these debates by exploring the particle concept in physics. It is suitable for scholars, students and teachers of science and philosophy. more...
- Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG 2006; US$ 379.00
The focus of the contributions contained in this proceedings is the interplay between cosmology, astroparticle physics and particle physics, both from the theoretical and experimental point of view. The Adriatic Meetings have traditionally been one of the very few physics conferences devoted to the most advanced status of science, while aiming at a... more...