The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,840,610 members ⚫ 1,266,180 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development 2005; US$ 33.00
Studies show that cars use significantly more fuel per kilometre than suggested by official certification test ratings. While the exact size of this gap is poorly understood there is speculation that the gap is growing as a percentage of the tested value. more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2003; US$ 16.95
Concisely capturing flying's special allure and excitement as well as its humor and tragedy, this follow-up to the author's popular Slipping the Surly Bonds: Great Quotations on Flight features 600 additional memorable thoughts on flight. * Great gift and general interest book, perfect for museum shops * Subjects include The Wonder of Flight,... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2003; US$ 45.00
* This worldwide bestseller utilizes case studies to examine and explain aircraft accidents and incidents * Covers five major problem causes: human factors, weather, mid-air collisions, mechanical failure, runway incursions * NEW TO THIS EDITION: Chapters on Monitoring/Managing Cockpit Behavior and Spatial Disorientation; 27 new case studies;... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2001; US$ 26.00
CONTROLLED FLIGHT INTO TERRAIN Be alert to the impossible. *Conduct a guided self-assessment that reveals any hidden dangers in your technique, knowledge, or proficiency *Correct risk-laden approaches to time and planning, weather decisions, situational awareness, automation, procedures, and other factors *Learn disaster-warning signs from case... more...
- Saddleback Educational Publishing 2008; US$ 10.95
Guided by Time Magazine's list of 100 most influential people, this series of 64-page biographies focuses on the leaders, scientists, and icons who shaped our world. These people, many from very humble beginnings, changed how the world works. Each biography includes a glossary, timeline, and illustrations. An individual guide for each title provides... more...
- Wiley 2008; US$ 123.00 US$ 106.60
Every one of the many millions of cars manufactured annually worldwide uses shock absorbers, otherwise known as dampers. These form a vital part of the suspension system of any vehicle, essential for optimizing road holding, performance and safety. This, the second edition of the Shock Absorber Handbook (first edition published in 1999), remains... more...
- HarperCollins 2009; US$ 11.24
The Airplane by aerospace industry writer Jay Spencer, former assistant curator of the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum and the Museum of Flight in Seattle , is the definitive history of how we invented and refined the amazing flying machines that enabled humankind to defy gravity. A fascinating true account certain to... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2008; US$ 27.00
CONVERT TO BIODIESEL FOR A MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY RIDE Run Your Diesel Vehicle on Biofuels has everything you need to make the switch from expensive, environment-damaging carbon fuel to cheap (and, in many cases, free), clean fuel for your vehicle. Practical and decidedly apolitical, this unique guide focuses on technical details, parts,... more...
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology 2004; US$ 107.00
Offering in-depth coverage of hybrid propulsion topics, energy storage systems and modelling, and supporting electrical systems, this book will be an invaluable resource for practising engineers and managers involved in all aspects of hybrid vehicle development, modelling, simulation and testing. more...