The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,508,729 members ⚫ 2,065,349 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Elsevier Science 2004; US$ 530.00
* Clear and concise, information is analysed and presented in both a resource-by-resource and country-by-country approach * Comprehensive, the outlook for seventeen energy resources including all major fossil and renewable resources is evaluated * Free CD-Rom will help electronic navigation of this comprehensive resource The Survey of Energy Resources... more...
- Elsevier Science 2014; US$ 200.00
In March 2011 the Fukushima nuclear power plant (NPP) in Japan was hit by an earthquake and subsequent tsunami which resulted in the release of significant amounts of radioactive material. The incident led to the suspension of nuclear programmes by a number of countries. This book provides a definitive account of the accident. Outlines the main... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2014; US$ 179.00
During the past century, world-wide energy consumption has risen dramatically, which leads to a quest for new energy sources. Fusion of hydrogen atoms in hot plasmas is an attractive approach to solve the energy problem, with abundant fuel, inherent safety and no long-lived radioactivity. However, one of the limits on plasma performance is due to the... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 149.00
The planning for the IUTAM Symposium on Adiabatic Waves in Liquid-Vapor Systems began in May of 1986 in G5ttingen. The Symposium was held in August of 1989 in the Max-Planck-Institut fUr Str5mungsforschung. The invitations to participants suggested that the written papers concern Fast Adiabatic Phase Changes in Fluids and Related Phenomena. Particular... more...
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development 2006; US$ 70.00
This study analyses a range of advanced nuclear fuel cycle options from the perspective of their effect on radioactive waste management policies. It presents various fuel cycle options which illustrate differences between alternative technologies, but does not purport to cover all foreseeable future fuel cycles. The analysis extends the work carried... more...
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development 2002; US$ 126.00
New nuclear reactor designs are expected to have a higher level of safety than current designs. As part of the efforts to achieve this, important safety issues related to the new designs need to be identified at an early stage, and research required for problem resolution defined. These proceedings bring together the papers presented at the OECD/NEA... more...
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development 2002; US$ 218.00
A new generation of nuclear reactor designs is being developed in order to meet the needs of the 21st century. In the short term, the most important objective is to improve competitiveness in the deregulated market. For this purpose evolutionary light water reactors are being developed and promoted actively. In the longer term, other requirements related... more...
- Elsevier Science 2011; US$ 265.00
Advanced separations technology is key to closing the nuclear fuel cycle and relieving future generations from the burden of radioactive waste produced by the nuclear power industry. Nuclear fuel reprocessing techniques not only allow for recycling of useful fuel components for further power generation, but by also separating out the actinides, lanthanides... more...
- Elsevier Science 2012; US$ 220.00
Biodiesel is one of the main biofuels capable of substituting fossil fuel usage in compression ignition vehicles, and is used in a variety of fuel blends worldwide. First-generation biodiesel has been used in national markets for some time, with fuel quality standards in place for this purpose. There remain, however, several restrictions to sustainable... more...
- Elsevier Science 1997; US$ 220.00
Advances in Heat Transfer is designed to fill the information gap between regularly scheduled journals and university level textbooks by providing in-depth review articles over a broader scope than is allowablein either journals or texts. Volume 29 is a special volume devoted to nuclear reactor safety. more...