The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,667,858 members ⚫ 1,180,414 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Penguin Books Ltd 2013; US$ 14.09
* * * Winner of the 2014 Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books * * * Stuff Matters by Mark Miodnownik is a unique and inspiring exploration of human creativity. 'Enthralling. A mission to re-acquaint us with the wonders of the fabric that sustains our lives' Guardian Everything is made of something... From the everyday objects... more...
- Amsterdam University Press 2007; US$ 10.50
Great Aunt Reflections on Sexual and Gender Multiplicity and Culture Inaugural Lecture delivered on the appointment to the chair of Gender and Women's Same-Sex Relations Cross-culturally at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences more...
- SAGE Publications 2006; US$ 64.00
This unique textbook eloquently introduces students to international perspectives on cross-cultural psychology (both Eastern and Western cultures), adopting a truly accessible narrative approach throughout. The main thrust of the book's content is to discuss the framework of culture, family structure, health, and bereavement. Intercultural interaction?and... more...
- United Nations University Press 2010; US$ 38.00
Traditional knowledge (TK) has contributed immensely to shaping development and human well-being. Its influence spans a variety of sectors, including agriculture, health, education and governance. However, in todays world, TK is increasingly underrepresented or under-utilized. Further, while the applicability of TK to human and environmental... more...
- International Development Research Centre 1998; US$ 25.00
Experience has shown us that development efforts that ignore local technologies, local systems of knowledge, and the local environment generally fail to achieve their desired objectives. Examples abound of western-lead teams of researchers failing to consult properly with indigenous populations,with the resulting "advancements" quickly proving to be... more...
- Wiley 2011; US$ 56.95 US$ 49.36
This book situates the essential areas of psychology within a cultural perspective, exploring the relationship of culture to psychological phenomena, from introduction and research foundations to clinical and social principles and applications. • Includes contributions from an experienced, international team of researchers and teachers... more...
- AltaMira Press 2010; US$ 99.99
This book explores the burgeoning interest in human cooperation among anthropologists, political scientists, economists, evolutionary psychologists, and biologists. Though typically neglected, cooperation is a crucial part of the triangle of allocation, formed with competition and obedience. more...